• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dashcam installation NW Atlanta?

araomd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a shop to install front and rear facing dashcams? My kid's Mazda CX-5. (Preferably Marietta to Vinings)

Thanks!

I installed mine in my F-150 and it only took about 45 minutes. Wires tuck into the trim along the headliner for both front and back camera and I choose to use a 12volt plug instead of hardwiring.

I can’t believe they’re driving already, time moves by quickly. The cams we got took about 45 minutes to install. Give me a shout if you still need help.

They are pretty simple to install yourself, especially if you are using the 12 volt "cigarette lighter" plug. Can be a bit more involved if you are doing a hardwire installation.

If you just have to have someone else do it, I do it professionally for commercial and fleet vehicles. I've put dashcams and tracking devices in just about every kind of vehicle you can put them in.

I'd strongly advise doing it yourself, it's not difficult. I can come to you and do it for you, but it would cost you $50. Or I can answer any questions you may have for free if you choose to install it yourself.

They are pretty simple to install yourself, especially if you are using the 12 volt "cigarette lighter" plug. Can be a bit more involved if you are doing a hardwire installation.

If you just have to have someone else do it, I do it professionally for commercial and fleet vehicles. I've put dashcams and tracking devices in just about every kind of vehicle you can put them in.

I'd strongly advise doing it yourself, it's not difficult. I can come to you and do it for you, but it would cost you $50. Or I can answer any questions you may have for free if you choose to install it yourself.
Is it "hard wired" to the key switch?

Since we have a couple ppl. here that's seems familiar with these thangs.....What models would yall recommend?

The Garmin Mini2 is probably one of the best small cameras under $100. But there are a plethora of options out there depending on what you are wanting out of it and what you are willing to spend. Some of the bigger brand names are going to be Nexar, Garmin, Rove, Rexing, Vantrue, but there are others that prob make a similar quality product.

Not sure if that link is going to work or not, but that's what I installed in my truck and my gf's car.

Fleet and commercial stuff is different as it usually requires an account and multiple vehicles, but you can track and view stuff from a phone or computer and can have cloud storage as well. I know a ton more about that stuff than I do about the stuff that's available to individual consumers. I have to say, if someone here has a business and is thinking about adding cameras to your company vehicles, avoid Verizon at all costs. You don't want the headaches that comes with their garbage equipment.

Back
Top Bottom