• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dawsonville Gun and Pawn Sale

they are rarely polite to me or who ever I am shopping with. I'll drive to Gainesville and go to Foxhole or Ga Gun to get good service and less attitude.

This! If you are not tacticool stay away. They are too good to even help you. My money is best spent elsewhere.
These! I live right there and would rather drive to Cherokee or pull my own teeth out than step foot in there again.

I must be tacticool, I always do great there.:cool:

I just recently got 90% of spot on some gold I sold, though that's all I've ever sold there.

In the last 6 weeks or so I purchased 2 shotguns from them a Franchi Instinct SL and a Beretta Xcel. They had the best price on both and they had them in stock. I called everywhere, because I'll do the drive to save money. No one had a bad attitude and they showed me everything I wanted to see and then they walked off. That's fine with me, I don't want the hard sell. I was spending what is a lot of money to me, it took me a while to save it and I wanted time to consider what I was doing.
When I was ready to purchase, they were ready to sell it and I was out in minutes.

There are places with people more pleasant, but I'm not paying for pleasantries.
I'm paying for the gun.
They could cuss me and I'd be fine with it, if I'm saving $100 on my purchase.

To boot they have more powder than I've seen anywhere in more than 2 years. Maybe it was $28 instead of $25 which I remember it being, but I'm not going to care about $3 when I can't find the powder going on a year now.

Clearly some of us have had a problem there, but I'm not one.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...-shelf-and-place-it-here.897771/#post-4543823

Last edited:
I must be tacticool, I always do great there.:cool:

I just recently got 90% of spot on some gold I sold, though that's all I've ever sold there.

In the last 6 weeks or so I purchased 2 shotguns from them a Franchi Instinct SL and a Beretta Xcel. They had the best price on both and they had them in stock. I called everywhere, because I'll do the drive to save money. No one had a bad attitude and they showed me everything I wanted to see and then they walked off. That's fine with me, I don't want the hard sell. I was spending what is a lot of money to me, it took me a while to save it and I wanted time to consider what I was doing.
When I was ready to purchase, they were ready to sell it and I was out in minutes.

There are places with people more pleasant, but I'm not paying for pleasantries.
I'm paying for the gun.
They could cuss me and I'd be fine with it, if I'm saving $100 on my purchase.

To boot they have more powder than I've seen anywhere in more than 2 years. Maybe it was $28 instead of $25 which I remember it being, but I'm not going to care about $3 when I can't find the powder going on a year now.

Clearly some of us have had a problem there, but I'm not one.

All of this has been my exact same experience. I have bought three guns from them over the last five years (at the old place and new place), and I chose to do my business with them because they had the absolute best prices on what I was looking for at the time. I could honestly care less if their staff has a cheery attitude or pissy attitude (although my experience has always been good). I do my homework before I go into any business with the intention of making a significant purchase, so that I don't waste the employee's time with a lot of stupid questions. I like that they have so many of their rifles right there on the floor to inspect/handle without having to bother asking to look at one. Makes the process a lot more simple for me.

Back
Top Bottom