• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dawsonville Gun ripping off customers - removing stickers from factory seconds lots

We sell some of that stuff at our store. It is still fairly expensive. Not cheap surplus ammo. When we get it there are SOME stickers on a few boxes. They are poorly attached and do not survive shipment well. Lots of them do no stay attached.
I asked my manager about this ammo and he told me that it is made to a high level of quality. Some of the ammo that has (I don't remember exactly) like two cosmetic blemishes per 1000, or a few don't chrono with in a tight tolorence. Then they are marked as seconds, but still higher quality than most. Stuff is still more expensive then I can afford so I have never tried it.
Sounds like an over reaction to something a quick question could have fixed.

I read somewhere that all XM855 marked 5.56 is basically overruns/seconds. Otherwise it would me marked M without the X in front. so if you find a can marked M855 that should be actual .mil qual ammo. Of course the LCXXXXX matters to but different degree. Where did the accuser go since posting BTW?

XM556FBIT3/XM556TNB1 may actually be loaded lower pressure as well

Last edited:
i45.tinypic.com_mbr8yg.jpg

I read somewhere that all XM855 marked 5.56 is basically overruns/seconds. Otherwise it would me marked M without the X in front. so if you find a can marked M855 that should be actual .mil qual ammo. Of course the LCXXXXX matters to but different degree. Where did the accuser go since posting BTW?

XM556FBIT3/XM556TNB1 may actually be loaded lower pressure as well

Good question.

Back
Top Bottom