• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dawsonville Gun ripping off customers - removing stickers from factory seconds lots

as posted previously I was under the impression (was told at some point) that all of the ammo that is preceeded by the "X" has some issue with it. maybe a bit under performing, cosmetic blems, etc.

I can't see that any factory is going to sell ammo that would cause any issue with function in a gun knowingly. too much of a liability. Cosmetic blem or something that still meets the SAAMI specs (but not necessarily the purchaser (i.e. MIL) would be sold to recoup the costs.

as for the ammo, I have bought plenty of stuff from 400 and never any issues. I see lots of ammo labeled as XMxxx and have never seen anything other than a price listed for 400/500/1000 rounds.

as posted previously I was under the impression (was told at some point) that all of the ammo that is preceeded by the "X" has some issue with it. maybe a bit under performing, cosmetic blems, etc.

I can't see that any factory is going to sell ammo that would cause any issue with function in a gun knowingly. too much of a liability. Cosmetic blem or something that still meets the SAAMI specs (but not necessarily the purchaser (i.e. MIL) would be sold to recoup the costs.

as for the ammo, I have bought plenty of stuff from 400 and never any issues. I see lots of ammo labeled as XMxxx and have never seen anything other than a price listed for 400/500/1000 rounds.

That is my question. If all Federal ammo with the "X" preface is "factory second", does it need a sticker on it?

It sounds like the stickers are unnecessary and messy if they fall off the boxes onto the floor.

Strange. The labels that have been peeled off of many of the boxes was when me and Matt changed prices on nearly everything. Not just the ammo, everything. Holsters, reloading, scopes. etc. I am sure you get the point. For you to come on here and not even talk to an employee about anything regarding your negative bit of slander is pretty damn stupid on your part.

As you all know, we have moved from the Ingles shopping center and now are down the road about half a mile from the old location down 53 towards Dawsonville. We inventoried the whole store and we had to change prices on about 3/4 of the items here. They were way off and we wanted to be consistent. No worries, the majority of the prices were too high due to someone that should not have been pricing.

So, to sum it up. If the OP needed to complain, he should have taken it up with us. Just a few tips in getting what you want regarding bad mouthing probably one of the most fair stores in North Georgia, try taking it up with an employee. And for the record, the owner, his name is Paul, some of the other guys behind the counter are Tony, Scott and Michael.

Please let us know if we can further assist you. 706-216-1468

Strange. The labels that have been peeled off of many of the boxes was when me and Matt changed prices on nearly everything. Not just the ammo, everything. Holsters, reloading, scopes. etc. I am sure you get the point. For you to come on here and not even talk to an employee about anything regarding your negative bit of slander is pretty damn stupid on your part.

As you all know, we have moved from the Ingles shopping center and now are down the road about half a mile from the old location down 53 towards Dawsonville. We inventoried the whole store and we had to change prices on about 3/4 of the items here. They were way off and we wanted to be consistent. No worries, the majority of the prices were too high due to someone that should not have been pricing.

So, to sum it up. If the OP needed to complain, he should have taken it up with us. Just a few tips in getting what you want regarding bad mouthing probably one of the most fair stores in North Georgia, try taking it up with an employee. And for the record, the owner, his name is Paul, some of the other guys behind the counter are Tony, Scott and Michael.

Please let us know if we can further assist you. 706-216-1468
BAM!!! There you go. thanks DG&P!!!!!!!!!

DG&P welcome to the site and for your comment-----this is a very good site and alot of trusting people--look forward to your future comments and sale adds---again welcome

Back
Top Bottom