• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

DB9, What's the verdict?

Sorry for the hijack but but I have to say something here.

How ****ed up is business in this, or any other country, when something that may save our lives one day doesn't function out of the box? If I were a manufacturer I would have a huge MORAL dilemma releasing these, and many other weapons with a "break-in" period to the public. Maybe it's just me, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

I know where you're coming from, but unfortunately it seems more and more gun companies are doing this now-a-days. I love Kel-Tec rifles and rifle-caliber pistols (PLR-16), but they have a similar practice of letting the "public" be the testers for their products instead of investing money into in-house torture testing. Now, their customer service to fix issues is top-notch, but I have to agree; I'd rather it just "work" w/out having to go through a year or two of "corrections".

Luckily, I think my DB9 was a recent issue, as I've never had any issues with mine.

Sorry for the hijack but but I have to say something here.

How ****ed up is business in this, or any other country, when something that may save our lives one day doesn't function out of the box? If I were a manufacturer I would have a huge MORAL dilemma releasing these, and many other weapons with a "break-in" period to the public. Maybe it's just me, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

I disagree with that. Parts have to mate up and seat. They wear in together and then smooth out. The cost to do this at the factory would double the cost of the gun as you can't replicate live fire with a machine. While it may not be such a big deal on larger guns it is exacerbated by the tight tolerances of a smaller gun. I can live with a break-in period.

I can live with a break-in period.

I don't mind a break in period. I think the break in period should also looked at as breaking in period for yourself . Getting to know your pistol and its quirks.

But back to the OP, I've been wondering about this pistol too. I primarily carry Glocks, but I carry a LCR when I need a lighter and smaller piece (cycling, running, church dress). But I would prefer carrying a 9mm than a .38 special and have an extra 2 rounds to boot.

My dad has one, and I have one. I've never had any issues what-so-ever, minus the fact that it's picky about ammo...silvertips work fine though. I dremel sanding drummed the aggressive back strap on mine, and it's easy to shoot. Accurate for such a little gun too, I can shoot it well at 20 yds no problemo...

I had one and fired well over 100 rounds of target ammo and 20 rounds of Hornady Critical defense with zero problems other than the wrist being sore lol
Great carry pistol in my opinion!

Back
Top Bottom