• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dead Zero Range

Can the FNH SCAR 17S hit steel at a 1,000 yards

• Yes

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Dont Know

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Dont Care

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • TACOS!!

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

AK74U

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
89   1
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I'll be heading up to Dead Zero range Friday to take the SCAR 17S to 1,000 yards. Anyone been before? Whats the range like? An employee told me they have both electronic and steel targets out to 1,000. Think they SCAR 17S can ring steel at a 1,000? Gear: Trijicon ACOG 3.5 .308 BDC, SilencerCo Omega, Geissele Super SCAR trigger, Ergo grip, 175 SMK handloads and 175 SMK FGMM ammo. Will be shooting off a tripod. Sounds like a hard task at hand with the low magnification scope, but I think I can pull it off.

Nice range. You will need to demonstrate you are sighted to 100 on steel to get the ok to use the electronic targets. And then again as you step out to 300, 600, +.
They have little tablets for visualizing the target and shot placement. Range master will probably have a scope setup, depends which one. Some will have standard dope for common rounds which is not much good on ACOG except for a guess at holdover.
I think you will struggle with an ACOG. I use an NX8 and I can go to 600 no problem. I have better gear for 600+ so I switch up to go further.
You are on a ridge up on the plateau so it is almost always breezy. Take the right jacket, gloves, hat

Attachments

• tablet.jpg
    tablet.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 20
Sounds like the CMP range. Graduate as you shoot in the black of the target.

Nice range. You will need to demonstrate you are sighted to 100 on steel to get the ok to use the electronic targets. And then again as you step out to 300, 600, +.
They have little tablets for visualizing the target and shot placement. Range master will probably have a scope setup, depends which one. Some will have standard dope for common rounds which is not much good on ACOG except for a guess at holdover.
I think you will struggle with an ACOG. I use an NX8 and I can go to 600 no problem. I have better gear for 600+ so I switch up to go further.
You are on a ridge up on the plateau so it is almost always breezy. Take the right jacket, gloves, hat

I agree. Just doing something different thats a challenge. I'm going to be on vacation for 3 weeks so I am going to have some fun. I havent shot at distance since April.

Probably one in ten shots just because of low magnification.

The rifle and round are capable. The acog will be your limiting reagent.

Back
Top Bottom