• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deadair Sandman collar question

Burning Love

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
tat-man
93   0
Reaction score
I recently got my Sandman S from ATF jail and the collar was unfortunately out of spec. Dead air got a new in spec collar to me in two days (excellent) and the can works great.

The new collar is substantially lighter due to new lightening cuts/holes in the design. I haven’t seen a single one of these new collars before and can’t find anything about them on the internet. Has anyone seen these yet?

ED1A00FE-9775-4776-8989-979B86A7B2CC.jpeg

New collar is on the can, old collar is pictured next to it.

I haven't seen the new collar yet.

I recently got my S home too, and I believe my collar is a bit out of spec as well. I can still install/remove from any of my muzzle devices, but it gets hung up like it needs another micro bit of rotation.

I haven't seen the new collar yet.

I recently got my S home too, and I believe my collar is a bit out of spec as well. I can still install/remove from any of my muzzle devices, but it gets hung up like it needs another micro bit of rotation.
mine wouldn’t even fit over the muzzle devices unless I undid the collar. New collar locks up perfect. CS got me taken care of in 2 days

They can be cantankerous. I have a couple S cans and both have given me trouble switching between guns and also when ran sustained for a few mags. I have one of their Masks that gets used between two rimfires only. A TacSol 22/45 and a TacSol 10/22 Magpul takedown. I have to keep a piece of leather handy and a robogrip to get it off at times. It gets hot and tightens to the point that the can body is the only component I can turn by hand. They sound great, but very aggravating. @OP I have not seen the updated collar. May see if Mike will send one out to T&E with my Sandmans.

They can be cantankerous. I have a couple S cans and both have given me trouble switching between guns and also when ran sustained for a few mags. I have one of their Masks that gets used between two rimfires only. A TacSol 22/45 and a TacSol 10/22 Magpul takedown. I have to keep a piece of leather handy and a robogrip to get it off at times. It gets hot and tightens to the point that the can body is the only component I can turn by hand. They sound great, but very aggravating. @OP I have not seen the updated collar. May see if Mike will send one out to T&E with my Sandmans.
Do you use high temp nickel anti seize on your threads/muzzle device? That usually keeps my cans from getting carbon locked.

Back
Top Bottom