• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deadly Stings

Got nailed in the funny bone (nerve) in elbow by one of those very tiny ground hornets.
Bastard hurt like bloody hell for a week as the stinger was still embedded deep in there.
Finally my body consumed it.

Thank you for posting this list. The kids and I were watching one of those fuzzy red ants the other day as it crossed the driveway. I wasn't sure of what it was at the time but am now glad we squished it before going in.

Stepped on a scorpion a couple weeks back, still got a knot on my foot......
I picked up a stack of firewood a few years back at my in-laws place in Ellijay. I almost immediately felt a pain that felt like a hot soldering iron on my chest and dropped the stack. About that time I saw a scorpion crawling between the logs. It hurt worse than a yellow jacket sting but not quite as bad as a wasp. Fortunately I don't have bad reactions to any of them.

I got bit by a black widow once on the outside of my arm, right next to my elbow. I did not know i got bit.
Over the period of a day or so that thing swelled up like a tennis ball....talking about pain !! I knew when anyone came within a mile of my elbow at that point! If someone was sitting on the other side of the room and breathing, i could feel it.
Went to hospital, of course. They come look...i would not let the doc or nurse even touch it. The pain was unbearable if someone did....so they bombed me with the best painkiller on the planet! I was only 15 so ....
When they lanced that thing, pus shot out of it like a water gun...the super soaker one!
A few hours later i found out it was the black widow venom. My Dad says he killed a few black widows around the mailbox.
The whole time, my dad contends i bopped myself in the elbow swinging nunchucks....lol, Until the doc told us what it was.

Those widows and recluses are nasty.
The widows have those cotton ball looking web things and i’ve seen them in grass a lot along with mature widow spiders.
I’m always careful working under cars and especially ones that have been sitting for a while.
They love the inside of brake drums.
I once watched a recluse come out of my air vent in my bathroom and climb into the toilet paper roll.
It moved sooooo sloooooww.
Luckily I saw it before i used the t/p.
I pretty much kill any spider that has those fluid filled looking legs.

Those widows and recluses are nasty.
The widows have those cotton ball looking web things and i’ve seen them in grass a lot along with mature widow spiders.
I’m always careful working under cars and especially ones that have been sitting for a while.
They love the inside of brake drums.
I once watched a recluse come out of my air vent in my bathroom and climb into the toilet paper roll.
It moved sooooo sloooooww.
Luckily I saw it before i used the t/p.
I pretty much kill any spider that has those fluid filled looking legs.

That would have been a crappy experience! I believe there are more of the brown recluse spider's than black widow spider's, I rarely see any widows .

Back
Top Bottom