• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deadpool Customs 1918 WWI Colt 1911

Pardon my ignorance and not sure if it was stated in the thread but was this dug up/battlefield find and brought home or was it in this condition still in service and brought home or did it get the pitting and petina after it was brought home? Either way I'm diggin this look a lot!! Especially since it's in good working order.

Pardon my ignorance and not sure if it was stated in the thread but was this dug up/battlefield find and brought home or was it in this condition still in service and brought home or did it get the pitting and petina after it was brought home? Either way I'm diggin this look a lot!! Especially since it's in good working order.
I'm thinking it was in service (Pacific theater) when it picked up the majority of finish customizations. The thumb and grip safeties look like they have been replaced with period correct parts. It also bears the AA stamp from the Augusta Armory.

My bet is these parts had rusted in place and replaced during the armory rebuild. But I can't substantiate any of that . . . .

There aint no way that pistol left U.S. gov armory looking like that.....and there aint a NCO that would let that thing in the arms room stock. It's a unique piece, but damaged in the pacific during WWII and serving in that condition in Korea and Vietnam is a pipe dream IMHO.

Schmittoid, I was issued one in Viet Nam during my time there...It rattled like crazy but made a good hammer..That one looks like it spent a time considerable time in the Pacific theater during WWII..I mean literally under the Pacific..I hope to own one one day to pass down..Another brother on here knows how much I cried when I missed the opportunity that he was able to snag, by merely seconds before me..He did make available and I took advantage of it another Unicorn I will leave to my Son..One day I will fill that bucket list..Be careful my friend shooting that old war horse
im available for adoption..no seriously..

There aint no way that pistol left U.S. gov armory looking like that.....and there aint a NCO that would let that thing in the arms room stock. It's a unique piece, but damaged in the pacific during WWII and serving in that condition in Korea and Vietnam is a pipe dream IMHO.

Hey, the history on all our second hand guns is urban legend and conjecture. I imagine this was Chuck Norris' side arm when he served with John Wayne in the War of 1812 . . . . .

But really, it is definitely an interesting old gun.

Back
Top Bottom