• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deadpool Customs 1918 WWI Colt 1911

SchmittZoid

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery
282   0
Reaction score
This old war horse 1918 Colt was the brainchild of the little know "smith" Wade Wilson of Deadpool Customs. This Colt sports his signature finish, perfected over time and with a LOT of assistance by Mother Nature.

When I saw this one, I had to have it. Haven't been out to shoot it yet, but that will be rectified shortly. I wish this one could talk . . . .

According to the original seller: "Made in 1918 for use in WWI. Marked United States Property. Lots of wear and battle scars -- per the last owner, it was used in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Lots of history here. Still pulls tight groups, and has never malfunctioned in my hands."

I was able to contact the ORIGINAL seller. He said it was a bring home by his Dad from Vietnam. It has the AA arsenal stamps in it. Slide is probably older than the frame. It is stamped MODEL OF 1911 U.S. ARMY on the right side of the slide. Looks like the thumb safety and grip safety had probably rusted in place and have been replaced, but they also look period correct - not new. They have much less pitting in them.

Original seller also swears his Dad claimed that this one saw service in WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Of course, I ain't got nothing in writing proving this.

I am thinking THIS one spent some considerable time in the Pacific theater during WWII. And don't forget, Korea and the jungles of Vietnam of course . . . .

This one does bear the "AA" Augusta Armory stamp on the left side of the frame, indicating it had been rebuilt at the arsenal at least once. I am thinking that is when the thumb and grip safeties were replaced.

Internally, it is worn a bit, but still tighter than a new Colt. Slide action feels good. Firing pin and spring look new also, but the firing pin stop looks original, or old.

So, whadda y'all think of this old Wade Wilson Deadpool Customs special . . . . . ?

Deadpool 1911-001.JPG

Deadpool 1911-002.JPG

Deadpool 1911-003.JPG

Deadpool 1911-004.JPG

Deadpool 1911-005.JPG

Schmittoid, I was issued one in Viet Nam during my time there...It rattled like crazy but made a good hammer..That one looks like it spent a time considerable time in the Pacific theater during WWII..I mean literally under the Pacific..I hope to own one one day to pass down..Another brother on here knows how much I cried when I missed the opportunity that he was able to snag, by merely seconds before me..He did make available and I took advantage of it another Unicorn I will leave to my Son..One day I will fill that bucket list..Be careful my friend shooting that old war horse

Schmittoid, I was issued one in Viet Nam during my time there...It rattled like crazy but made a good hammer..That one looks like it spent a time considerable time in the Pacific theater during WWII..I mean literally under the Pacific..I hope to own one one day to pass down..Another brother on here knows how much I cried when I missed the opportunity that he was able to snag, by merely seconds before me..He did make available and I took advantage of it another Unicorn I will leave to my Son..One day I will fill that bucket list..Be careful my friend shooting that old war horse
Sir, I have total faith in this one after inspecting it's internals. I believe her to be as fit for service today as she was 90+ years ago.

Back
Top Bottom