• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info

Deadpool Customs 1918 WWI Colt 1911

Hey, the history on all our second hand guns is urban legend and conjecture. I imagine this was Chuck Norris' side arm when he served with John Wayne in the War of 1812 . . . . .

But really, it is definitely an interesting old gun.
Oh yea no doubt it's a awesome gun and a amazing peice of history, I (mostly unsuccessfully) metal detect when I get a chance and I've had dreams about finding a old discarded sidearm or rusted up hunk of battle rifle or anything firearm related and your 1911 is exactly what I think of when I picture the clouds parting angels singing and white doves flying by me digging up my unicorn

truly sad...... someone took a perfectly good 1911 and abused it like this..... it didn't get that rust and pits in military action, if it had they would have destroyed it as unfit for service. someone had it at home and neglected it. these early colts had a rep. of breaking the slides, now with all those deep pits I wouldn't fire it.... hang it on the wall and make up stories about it. if you break the slide you won't even have a decent wall hanger.

truly sad...... someone took a perfectly good 1911 and abused it like this..... it didn't get that rust and pits in military action, if it had they would have destroyed it as unfit for service. someone had it at home and neglected it. these early colts had a rep. of breaking the slides, now with all those deep pits I wouldn't fire it.... hang it on the wall and make up stories about it. if you break the slide you won't even have a decent wall hanger.

Well, I plan on taking it out and running it through its paces. Gonna start with something lightweight, like the Tula steel cased .45 ACP. Then work up to something akin to Winchester white box.

From what I can see, the pitting on the slide isn't all that deep. I've seen more metal removed from slides with some of that fancy smithing guys like to do on their guns. Flat tops, Aztec cuts, ball cuts, carry cuts, beveled bottoms, these all remove more metal than the pitting on this one.

Back
Top Bottom