• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Deer or large cat?

You can see it’s face looking towards the trail cameras direction. That’s a Florida panther for sure…. What an awesome trail cam find

1658659945286.jpeg

1658659965718.jpeg

In the north Georgia mountains? I’m sure stranger things have happened but highly doubtful. I stand by a brindle dog. Too big for a coyote, bobcat. Too far from home range for a true Florida panther. And yes I know how far males roam. Still highly unlikely.

In the north Georgia mountains? I’m sure stranger things have happened but highly doubtful. I stand by a brindle dog. Too big for a coyote, bobcat. Too far from home range for a true Florida panther. And yes I know how far males roam. Still highly unlikely.
The conservation efforts have basically transplanted Cougars from the west to help repopulate the native floridian panthers and the populations down in florida and alabama have grown pretty substantially. There were like 5 estimated florida panthers left when they started the project if my memory serves correctly. A true Florida panther was killed in like 2008 in Lagrange as well so it has happened. No way its a dog with that curled long tail coming back around. The body is identical to all other photos ive seen

Back
Top Bottom