Deer ran right up to me

jloneill17

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
So yesterday we were at lake lanier camping. Our campsite was right on the lake. the lake was down pretty good, so there was a 50 ft. sand bar that connected the campsite to an island. I walked down to the water to wash my canteen and hear this gallop coming from the island. I look over and see this fast moving animal coming out of the tree line on the island. at first i thought it was a coyote, b/c my dog had just been there sniffing around and swimming. When it cleared the tree line I could see it was a deer. I think it was a baby buck. look like it had 2 to 4 points, he wasn't huge by any means. so he runs down the rocks and right up to me about 25ft from me and stops, and stares at me for about 4-5 seconds, turns around and runs down the edge of the water, jumps in, and swims back over to our campsite. Gets out of the water and circles around the opposite side into the trees. It was cool. He was so close, it was wild. that's never happened to me. The way he ran down the rocks and all was just majestic almost. Very agile animal. Just thought I would share. have a good sunday.

Very cool. There were tons of deer on Lake Lanier Islands. I played golf out there sometimes and they were completely used to humans. Wouldn't hardly move out of your way.

I've had it happen to me while camping at fort McAllister SP in Richmond hill. The wife and I were sitting around the fire and 6 does were feeding within 20 foot of us.

Now the raccoons there, that's a whole other ball game! Them ruthless little bandits there will come snatch a sandwich out of your hands as your taking a bite!

Back
Top Bottom