• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer stand pet peeves

mfoster

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
86   0
Reaction score
whats the one thing you do everytime you go to stand.everybody has something I have several.

Always start with scope on 6 power I can go up or down when needed
Boonie hat—-the one in pack I’ve had 25+ years
Always carry 6 bullets 4 in gun 2 in pocket

I’m a minimalist.
Headlight with a backup in my pack.
Lightweight climber, leafy camo a must with full face cover/gloves (clothes cleaned with hunting type detergent, air dried and put in a carboard box with native pine branches.)
snake boots cause I walk/stalk a lot to and from my spots.
Backpack with water, knife, drag rope, safety rope, pull
rope.
I wear my harness sometimes and sometimes I put it on at my tree after laying out my
cover scents or attractants.

I rarely ever eat on stand but I may carry a energy bar or two wrapped in paper towel so I don’t crinkle wrappers and make a bunch of noise.
If I gotta pee I do it out of my tree.
I try not to eat big meals the night before for many reasons and my stomach usually growls like mad after
a couple hours so that’s what the candy bars are for.
I may throw some grape
coolaid out if I’m in bear country.
If I have my crossbow I have an extra string since excalibur’s are easy to change a string in the field, even from your tree if you have to.
Red light to mount to crossbow for after dark coyote possibilities.
With my lightweight climber I can carry more junk but I try to keep it to a minimum.
If I’m hunting on my back yard ladder or treehouse I’ll just throw on my leafy suit and take my crossbow/ safety rope, drag rope and a knife so if I get a deer and it runs far I’ll run up
to the house and grab some water first.

Back
Top Bottom