• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Defective Winchester Ammo

I have found the Winchester white box bulk packs .22LR to have more fail to fire-rim fire prime not up to snuff that any other bulk .22's

They generally have a good rep for attempting to correct the problem.

Went to the range today with a buddy to sight in a couple of ARs. Stopped at Wally World to buy him some ammo. Bought some white box Winchester. At the range his rifle wouldn't fire the Winchester ammo. Primer was struck, but no ignition. Has some TulAmmo. No problem. so we used it to sight in his rifle. I had some PMC that I was shooting. Also worked fine in his rifle. I tried some of the Winchester in mine. Primer strike but no ignition. There was another guy at the range with 2 ARs. One would not fire the Winchester and the other would fire the round but would not cycle the bolt.
Its a shame that Winchester is producing crap and the Russians have dependable stuff.

Me and my buddy went to Bulls Eye to shoot none of his Winchester .9mm ammo would operate with his Beretta, he gave it to me. He was pissed he bought it at Wal-Mart in Snellville.

I have fired thousands and thousands of Winchester white box 9mm and have never had one single issue but I see people complain about it more and more lately? I stocked up on it a few years back and still working my way through that lot but I wonder if the new production stuff is having issues because the stuff I bought has been flawless?

I have had similar good performance out of white box stuff in several different calibers and usually bought a walmart shot 400 rounds of white box this last weekend no issues 9mm 25acp 45 acp and 22lr

I had a problem with a case of .348 Win Ammo. Every case had a small imperfection on the shoulder. When fired the case would split. I called Winchester and they sent me a pre-paid label. They then sent me a case of new ammo but the problem really began when the case I sent them was a case of 20 boxes and they returned a case of 10 boxes. It took nearly two years to get the other 10 boxes. they tried to pull a fast one by telling me they hadn't made any more .348 Win and they would send it when they produced it. They then sent some vouchers instead and told me to contact a couple of sellers like Graf and sons to see if they had any. The vouchers were only worth a $100. Well at nearly $55 wholesale a box I was not going to get 10 boxes. My wife got on the phone with the lady, I was so pissed I walked out of the room. To this day I don't know what my wife said but the next day there was a brand new case of 10 boxes sitting on the porch when I got home.

Your wife said "do you accept visa?" And she bought the other 10 boxes to make you feel good.

Back
Top Bottom