• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Define shooter buck in your opinion

We all have different opinions on shooter bucks because we all hunt different properties. What I might think is a monster buck, you might think is small. Shoot what makes you happy and don’t give two ****s what anybody else thinks 😂
I generally don’t care what others think about what I shoot. More interested in what people’s justification is for a shooter buck

We all have different opinions on shooter bucks because we all hunt different properties. What I might think is a monster buck, you might think is small. Shoot what makes you happy and don’t give two ****s what anybody else thinks 😂

Yes sir you are right everyone has a version of what a trophy is and should be proud of it. I hate people ridiculing someone for shooting a “small” buck.

First buck I ever killed was when I was 12 and it was only a spike but it was a record book worthy buck for me at the time. Still remember that hunt with my dad.

I generally don’t care what others think about what I shoot. More interested in what people’s justification is for a shooter buck
I don’t run trail cams or anything so if I see what think is a decent buck I make a judgement call at the time. I’ve shot some small bucks and some pretty good bucks. But I’ve never regretted shooting any of them and they all taste just as good 😂

Whatever gets my heart pumping, or one that appears to need culling. I'd classify this spike as a shooter buck, appears to be bigger than the level of being a spike.
8b37280b-584f-4848-b548-1505d00d0071.jpg

This deer is what I'm trying to set my standards to. Hopefully I can make it happen this year.
b353b243-88f1-467e-8210-9433a296dbee.jpg

Last season I shot a buck on a quick shot and realized he wasn't as big as I thought he was and it about made me sick. I shot another deer that was roughly 3.5 and only had a nub with a bunch of stickers. Looking back it was probably from an injury and would've been normal this year.

I say shoot him since you're selling the property. Even if you were not selling, there is no guarantee that you would get a chance to shoot him at 5 or 5 1/2. Enjoy your hunt and the harvest. He is a shooter.

I'm meat hunter. I see antlers, I think good more meat. That said as expensive as it cost to process one, I need one @ 155lbs+ on the hoof anymore

Back
Top Bottom