• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dekalb County Water

Butshot

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
My wife inherited a house in the Lithonia area of Dekalb County when her mother passed. We rented it out for several years and then decided to sell it due to the real estate market basically being a sellers market now. We closed on the sale in early december and everything was good. In dekalb you have to to the water authority office to get water service which we needed to do to allow the buyer to check system. Water was on for 20 days before we discontinued service. Got a bill yesterday saying this empty house had water usage of 35000 gallons ! Of course there is an ongoing problem in Dekalb county with extremely high water bills due to old meters and the county is aware of this , yet they still send out ridiculous bills! i have disputed this and they said someone will review and contact within 7 to 10 days. My advice, Never buy property in Dekalb County! i know I never will own anything there again.!!!!!!!!

Oh, I have a lot of guns, that's why this is in Firearms Chat !, really didn't know where else to put it, Mods feel free to move!!!!

I have a relative that sold 6 months ago. Dekalb still sends bills even after repeated phone calls and a trip to Decatur. Inept idiots!

now you see why all the new cities are popping up around Dekalb county. The county can't run things, so the folks create a city and do it themselves.

Back
Top Bottom