Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here. Registered users also see less ads!

Dekalb County Water

Thread in 'Firearms Chat' started by Butshot, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Butshot

Butshot ODT Junkie!

30   0

Rating
    100%
    My wife inherited a house in the Lithonia area of Dekalb County when her mother passed. We rented it out for several years and then decided to sell it due to the real estate market basically being a sellers market now. We closed on the sale in early december and everything was good. In dekalb you have to to the water authority office to get water service which we needed to do to allow the buyer to check system. Water was on for 20 days before we discontinued service. Got a bill yesterday saying this empty house had water usage of 35000 gallons ! Of course there is an ongoing problem in Dekalb county with extremely high water bills due to old meters and the county is aware of this , yet they still send out ridiculous bills! i have disputed this and they said someone will review and contact within 7 to 10 days. My advice, Never buy property in Dekalb County! i know I never will own anything there again.!!!!!!!!

Oh, I have a lot of guns, that's why this is in Firearms Chat !, really didn't know where else to put it, Mods feel free to move!!!!

2. emptyMAGS

emptyMAGS ODT Junkie!

12   0

Rating
    100%
    Good luck. I hope they make it right.

I would say if you hear nothing in a week, the news stations would love to have you on TV...

3. Boogerhook

Boogerhook Frontiersman

12   0

Rating
    100%
    I have a relative that sold 6 months ago. Dekalb still sends bills even after repeated phone calls and a trip to Decatur. Inept idiots!

4. SpeedyR

SpeedyR ODT Junkie!

39   0

Rating
    100%
    now you see why all the new cities are popping up around Dekalb county. The county can't run things, so the folks create a city and do it themselves.

sublimebeer likes this.
  5. Kman

Kman Currently lost in the South Georgia woods. Supporter

Supporter

184   0

Rating
    100%
    DeKalb water department is wacked!