• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that depends on who you ask and which 22lr are are referring to. Some people seem to think $50+ is reasonable for some of the really cheap stuff and some think $30 is too much for the same stuff. Guess it really depends on what you are willing to pay.

Gigabyte is right. Just a matter of if you feel like looking for it but it ain't all that hard to find. If you need some immediately you might be paying double the price though.

Bulk pack (Winchester 333 or 555, Remington Golden Bullets, Federal bulk) is about .04-.05 before tax and shipping.

Subsonic or premium target is gonna be around .06-.08.

I've brought American Eagle Subsonic for .06 back in February and CCI Tactical AR .22 for .07 back in December 2012.

The sooner folks stop paying jacked up prices the sooner the prices will come back down. It took me a year to find them at Academy but when I did I called in the troops and bought quiet a few for 4.8 cents a round. And this was just a few weeks ago. Point is I went with out before i paid much over 20 bucks a brick. 11 and some change for a 250 container.

A brick (550rds) of bulk 22lr ammo shouldn't cost you more than $30 after tax. If your paying more for it then you just got took by a flipper. Higher quality match ammo will cost more but not a lot more. If everyone quits paying this ridiculous prices to this asshats that go to wal-mart and buy it around $30 then flip it for $55 they will get the point that their little "hustle" has run it's course.

whats your time worth? If you can hit w-mart and academy a few times a week you will find it. If thats to much work then just pay the man. The jacklegs hitting w-mart and then flipping are working pretty hard for that three box flipping supply. I would rather just pull into w-mart at any time and find the ammo, but now that is not reality where I live. So for now I have to pay someone with more time or connections to do the work for me so that I can spend my time playing. I paid $40.00 a box and picked up a few boxes. Thats at least a $15.00 premium per box, but I only invested 45 Min of time for hours of time with my son. Its a matter pride for some not to use the secondary market(flippers), but I would rather just shoot my guns. I do have to much pride to pay CTD $85.00 a box, even Astroglide won't help that.

Last edited:
whats your time worth? If you can hit w-mart and academy a few times a week you will find it. If thats to much work then just pay the man. The jacklegs hitting w-mart and then flipping are working pretty hard for that three box flipping supply. I would rather just pull into w-mart at any time and find the ammo, but now that is not reality where I live. So for now I have to pay someone with more time or connections to do the work for me so that I can spend my time playing. I paid $40.00 a box and picked up a few boxes. Thats at least a $15.00 premium per box, but I only invested 45 Min of time for hours of time with my son.

there's this thing called the Innerweb, and a guy in a brown shirt that delivers it to you.

Much easier than going and hanging out with the people of Walmart.

A brick (550rds) of bulk 22lr ammo shouldn't cost you more than $30 after tax. If your paying more for it then you just got took by a flipper. Higher quality match ammo will cost more but not a lot more. If everyone quits paying this ridiculous prices to this asshats that go to wal-mart and buy it around $30 then flip it for $55 they will get the point that their little "hustle" has run it's course.

Local walmart had the Federal 555 for $23 plus tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom