Department of Justice Virus - BEWARE!

The wife called Dell and after 2 hours of ripping and romping through the bowels of that contraption and $129.00 later, they managed to slay the beast. Oh well I needed the upgraded anti-virus protection anyways I guess. Just thought you all would like to know that this scamware is being updated and some of the older versions of whatever anti-virus protection are not capable of stopping it. They need to send one of these bugs to the NSA. Yeah right!

Don't waste your $$$

If you look at av comparatives and av test you'll see that avast free is right up there with the paid av and has very low resource usage. Upon installation just go into the settings and disable sounds, set update popups to 0 seconds so they dont appear and click on community and disable both notifications in there. It won't bother you...the same as MSE..but its light years more effective than the current MSE.

As far as paid AV- bit defender, nod32, f-secure, kaspersky or trend micro are all very similar and all much better than Norton 360.

F-Secure and NOD32 my personal favorites.

Has hit my laptop twice in the past few months. Found a guy that would restore it to like new condition for $50, so I've spent $100 total to get it back in shape- He installed Windows Defender as my antivirus, said that any of the other vendors were a waste of money- He also said that if you can install Windows 8 that it can't be infected by a virus. Hopefully this won't happen again, if it does I will probably pay him $80 to upgrade to W8.

first NO one from any legal source will contact you thru email
second anyone whom believes such are morons
third never open any email that you don't know whom it's from

I delete 100's daily without caring who or what it said

change your passwords weekly and also most you can look up your recent activity to make sure no one in china has been in your email account

dont store any personal information in your account, make everything up including your name and date of birth

Back
Top Bottom