• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did a little fishing in AK

I'm flying Alaska Air and will be taking a 30 quart cooler as checked baggage on the way out with boots and rain gear stored and to bring fish back on the way home.

I've got a pair of muck boots that I thought about taking in addition to a pair of shorter ll bean boots, would you suggest taking the mucks?

Alaska Air is the best when it comes to fish boxes. How many bags can you check?

The water is high this year so hip boots are a must, waders might be good too in some locations. A 30quart cooler might hold about 35lbs or so of fish in food saver bags. Another thought is to mail your dirty clothes and boots home so that you can get any additional fish home with you. Don't forget a good fillet knife, a small bat to put them "at ease", and pliers to pull those hooks out.

Alaska Air is the best when it comes to fish boxes. How many bags can you check?

The water is high this year so hip boots are a must, waders might be good too in some locations. A 30quart cooler might hold about 35lbs or so of fish in food saver bags. Another thought is to mail your dirty clothes and boots home so that you can get any additional fish home with you. Don't forget a good fillet knife, a small bat to put them "at ease", and pliers to pull those hooks out.

Alaska Air allows 2 checked bags up to 50 pounds each, my cooler empty weighs 10 pounds so 35 pounds of fish will be perfect.

We will be staying on the north part of Chichagof Island near Elfin Cove directly across the Icy Strait from Glacier Bay National Park and will primarily be fishing out of a 38' charter boat.

Alaska Air allows 2 checked bags up to 50 pounds each, my cooler empty weighs 10 pounds so 35 pounds of fish will be perfect.

We will be staying on the north part of Chichagof Island near Elfin Cove directly across the Icy Strait from Glacier Bay National Park and will primarily be fishing out of a 38' charter boat.

Ah ok so muck boots would probably work if you are fishing off a boat. 2 bags=2 coolers=much joy! Mail the clothes home if you can:thumb:

Looks like you had some fun, I always really enjoyed fishing the kenai where the russian river meets it, never taken a boat thought, I would go halibut fishing out of Vadez, biggest halibut I have personally seen caught was 161 pounds they just hit and strip line forever on their first run when they are that big

Back
Top Bottom