Did anyone participate in this survey?

they normally poll the areas that support the opinion the opinion of the company taking to poll, polls are very unreliale al lyou need to do is change the area you ask questions to skew the poll

not to mention they can disregard the answers they don't want. Pollsters don't have a legal obligation to record all the answers they get. I believe that mess less than stories on CNN.

they normally poll the areas that support the opinion the opinion of the company taking to poll, polls are very unreliale al lyou need to do is change the area you ask questions to skew the poll
Hit it on the head! They only poll certain areas/people where they know they can get the results they want the media feeds it to everyone.

Usually they decide how they want it to come out, then stilt the questions that way. I.e. "Do you support a ban of the military assault weapons that killed all those little children in Newtowne?"

I recently saw another one (PEW Research I think) where they had reasonably unbiased questions ('semi-automatics' instead of 'assault weapons' for example).

But before getting to these they asked some obvious questions to bring Newtowne to mind ("Do you support or oppose legislation that could prevent another tragedy like the Newtowne school massacre?"). No point to this question except to bring Newtowne up in peoples minds (the 'think of the children' gambit).

Then they asked the questions about background checks and semi-autos. If you looked at any particular question, the survey looked OK, but read them in order and it becomes obvious how they are skewing the results.

That being said, this one matches up with the other polling out there now. There's no shortage of people, including lots of firearms owners, who think that semi-automatics in general, and ARs in particular, are an abomination.

Also, given the amount of press on this, the amazing thing is that we're doing as well as we are in polls. Most people really don't care one way or the other about firearms. They will see a news story or a Jon Stuart episode and let that make up their minds for them.

The key to winning this is to be the group that politicians fear, the voter with a memory. We need to be deluging our reps (state too) with emails, phone calls and even postcards and letters, making out feelings known.

That counts for a heck of a lot more than surveys.

What burns me up is that 13 WMAZ actually reported it but in reality it shouldn't surprise me since the content of their news show is a joke anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom