• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riddle me this, background check style

I also don't understand the "selling for profit" part of this.

So if I bought a Mosin or SKS back in the day for $99, if I sell them today at the going rate, I am going to make a profit. That makes me a dealer???
Don’t cherry pick one word at a time, it also talks about repetition and other things to show you are “in the business of”

IF you bought a crate / footlocker full of $59 Moisin 99-30 rifles back in the day,
and you start selling them now, one at a time, for $395 in ads in online gun sites,
and you say you have many of them available,
and if you tell a potential buyer who asks about semi-automatic Soviet guns rather than bolt-actions
that you ALSO HAVE RUSSIAN SKS rifles for sale.... for $475 each....

And you keep running those ads week after week....

I think that's enough that ATF can investigate you, and at some point if they don't find a legitimate non-criminal justification for what you're doing, they'll arrest you if you keep doing it.

If you tell them that you're LIQUIDATING your LONG-HELD personal collection of firearms, or at least the
COLD WAR SOVIET / COM-BLOC weapons portion of your collection... if you speak to the ATF agents and tell them this and offer a legal reason for doing what you're doing, THEN I don't think you'd be prosecuted.

I also don't understand the "selling for profit" part of this.

So if I bought a Mosin or SKS back in the day for $99, if I sell them today at the going rate, I am going to make a profit. That makes me a dealer???
No sir. That is being misconstrued all over the internet. If you bought it with the intent of selling for a profit that makes you a dealer. If you bought it to add to your collection then decide you don't like it, sell it and happen to make money you are still good to go, same as it has always been. If you do that repeatedly, they may have grounds to look into it. Still hard to prove intent.

Back
Top Bottom