Did Bullseye powder change?

Someone should start an online database of chronograph reports that captures all the relevant data, including gun model and barrel length. Handloads.com does part of that but most people don't supply even the barrel length which obviously is an important piece of data. Just entering the powder amount and saying "I like this load" is pretty useless.

a_l_a_n,
I see many problems with having an un-controlled on-line data base. The old adage of ‘garbage in – garbage out’ being the prime problem.
I full agree that someone (including me) just saying ‘I like this or that load’ carries little or no validity. Some criteria must be set for the systematic evaluation and that doesn’t equate to me just having fun.
I will attach a blank copy of the forms that I have made up and one that is filled in. My chrony is a ‘Master Chrony Beta Model’ and so far I am please with it. I am not so brave that I check velocities with the same shots that I shoot for accuracy.
Sorry, I don‘t do 38s or 357s.

Enjoy and be safe,

OSOK

Image0002.jpg
Blank
Image.jpg
filled in
Image0001.jpg
results at 100 yards

What Chuckdog said! I have both a .270 Weatherby Mag and a .270 Win. The Weatherby takes 21% more powder to get only a 6% increase in velocity. Sometimes it just ain't worth it. Just use a chrony and develop a load you like.

I read an article a few years ago about the changes in how pressure is now measured. Instead of C.U.P. they now use a piezoelectric transducer which tends to give a lot more information verses just a peak with C.U.P. measurements. As a result loads have generally shifted downward . Then there are lawyers and guys who load to full blow the gun up and sue

Back
Top Bottom