• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did work on my G19, now want a G30

gth813x

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
174   1
Reaction score
ok so i just did some work on my g19, polished internals, steel guide rod, and dropped in the ghost rocket kit. thing is sexy.

SO, i wanna get a g30 and do the same thing for a night stand gun/carry gun. Questions I have are as follows:
1) Been reading some garbage on the G30sf, so i'm wondering if it's worth the risk of picking up an sf or just go with a normal 30.
2) I realize that the setup is not ideal for a carry gun. But i'm not seeing the harm in it with properrrrrrrr i guess you'd call trigger control? Never point a gun at something unless you plan to use it, correct?
3) Is there anyway to switch from the "recoil system" to just a normal guide rod and not mess with reliability?

Couple questions about my G19:
1) Buddy was saying if I use a lighter recoil spring the follow up shots would be faster cause the gun would be less snappy, but I see this as being less reliable. Is there a good in between weight for it?
2) How in the world do you take off the freaking trigger from the trigger bar?
3) Anyone know of somewhere that explains how to take out some of the pretravel without disengaging the safeties?
4) If I use mothers mag on my barrel with a buffer pad on my dremel am I going to jack up the barrel? I have read all kinds of stuff saying 50/50

1. Never mess with a gun if you have questions. Lighter recoil spring means there's less absorbtion of the recoil. Remove spring and it wont have anything to make it go into battery. Competition triggers are a no no on carry guns. My self defense guns have always been decocked and placed on double action for the first shot invade the heat of the moment adrenaline, if you pull with a comp trigger and sneeze on it, UT goes off. That's bad if the suspect flees and you shoot him in the back. As far as tampering with flock internals, unless you're an armorer, don't tamper with it at all.

I have two 30s. One is a SF model, the other an original 30. I personally prefer the feel of the 30. I have very nice TTGunleather to carry the gun in on my side and think all of the talk about how hard the 30 is to carry is ridiculous. I also have 3 model 19s, two of which I have owned for nearly 20 years. Given the choice between the two models, I would have to flip a coin and rely on that. The 19and the 30 are by far the two best model Glocks in my opinion. Don't go messing with the recoil set up. It will only lead to problems.

Back
Top Bottom