• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dillon 550 Reloading Setup?

Still wishing I had kept the 550. Enjoy. I think that model makes the best ammo and plenty fast enough for a regular shooter. You'll learn all the tricks. Remember for less than 100$ Dillon will for life take that machine back and rebuild it back to new, ship it back. I did that before I sold mine, lucky bastard friend of mine owns it now.

Still wishing I had kept the 550. Enjoy. I think that model makes the best ammo and plenty fast enough for a regular shooter. You'll learn all the tricks. Remember for less than 100$ Dillon will for life take that machine back and rebuild it back to new, ship it back. I did that before I sold mine, lucky bastard friend of mine owns it now.
I would like some info on how to start that process. I picked up a 550 a little while back, and it is in need of some TLC !

I would like some info on how to start that process. I picked up a 550 a little while back, and it is in need of some TLC !
If you shoot any kind of competition tons of those friends are usually willing to stop by your house and tune it up with you. I might be willing to do a plumber a solid so you owe me a favor, hahaha. I was lucky a guy from this site living in Winder helped me. Gun community people are the best at times.

Any suggestions on a tumbler for cleaning the brass? Vibratory vs. rotary? Best media?

ETA: Space is a consideration, as is quiet. I'm not as concerned about getting it done quickly.

Depending on the dies you have or plan to have, I really like the Lee Auto Disk and use it on my 550B. I do have Lee dies and you would need the cartridge specific powder die to work with the Auto Disk. I only use the Dillon powder measure with large cartridges such as rifles, but use the Auto Disk for all of my pistol cartridges. It is faster setup and more accurate to me. Not to mention about 1/3 the price of an extra Dillon.

Rosewood

Any suggestions on a tumbler for cleaning the brass? Vibratory vs. rotary? Best media?

ETA: Space is a consideration, as is quiet. I'm not as concerned about getting it done quickly.
switched over to wet tumbling and I will never go back. in fact I sold off my dillon dry tumbler

Depending on the dies you have or plan to have, I really like the Lee Auto Disk and use it on my 550B. I do have Lee dies and you would need the cartridge specific powder die to work with the Auto Disk. I only use the Dillon powder measure with large cartridges such as rifles, but use the Auto Disk for all of my pistol cartridges. It is faster setup and more accurate to me. Not to mention about 1/3 the price of an extra Dillon.

Rosewood
Roswood -- read your comment re using the Lee Auto Disk with your 550B. Somewhat confused as to whether you actually use it on your 550B or in addition to your 550B. If you use it ON your 550B could you please elaborate on how the set up goes? Does it replace the plate and powder die and funnel, or what? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom