• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dinner tonight.

Gonna be a long post, gotta get something off my chest.

Dinner tonight, I butchered a whole sirloin tip, I was vacuum sealing all the steaks and leftover grind to throw in the freezer.

My 13 year old son had a friend over. Wife comes inside from the backyard where they all were, she tells me his friend probably won't get fed tonight. He lives with his grandmother, several neighborhoods away and rode his bike over here. Apparently when he stays out late, his grandmother doesn't feed him so he goes to bed early so he's not awake and hungry.

I told my wife that's not happening today on my watch.

So instead of freezing all the steaks, I left out a bunch so we'd have enough for 4 of us and we're gonna eat good tonight.

Apparently his mom is in the Army...there's no Army base near here. And he's living with his grandmother bc he said there's "problems" with his dad.

Freaking kills me. He's a great kid. Not sure what the problem entails but I'm under the impression they don't get along. This kid is coming up right, through all his trials. Very polite and well-mannered.

My son's other 2 friends came over as well unexpectedly. I didn't have enough for all of them. So they decided to go home and get food and come back to eat here. Luckily we have a formal dining room and a kitchen dinette. So they're all 4 in the kitchen and me and the wife are in the dining room.

It's so weird having 4 kids lmfaoooooooView attachment 6982239View attachment 6982240
Someone has a big heart..awesome

One of the things I appreciated about my dad & mom. We had friends from all over the neighborhood who'd "be present" about dinner time. Dad was a grocery man so we had plenty of food, usually. They never sent anybody home without feeding them too. After I'd been at their houses a time or two near dinner or overnight, I understood how fortunate I was.

You're a good man Charlie Brown.

Back
Top Bottom