• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dinner tonight.

Thanks fellas. I didn't post it for any attaboys, it was just weighing on me. He cleaned his plate and told me how good his steak was and he went home with a full belly. I'm thankful for that. When he left on his bike, it was like talking to an adult. He's having to grow up fast...but he seems to have it handled. Not sure how I would have handled that at 13 years old!

I got some cool pics of them at the dinner table. I can't post for obvious reasons but it looked like they were having a good time. Good kids, the four of em.
Sounds like the young man will be a tough man one day. Good for you and your wife(and kid) to "take him in," for dinner. Feels kind of crazy that we have to even think some wouldn't take any kid in for dinner, at anytime, no matter what. If he's as mature as it sounds he'll pick up on the freebie and won't come around for dinner unless really hungry so try making up some jobs(or pick some real ones you need help with around the place) so he feels he's earning his keep. I can think back on some "work" some friends of the family would have us do that were probably just made up work to keep our work ethic strong and not feel as if we were getting hand-outs.

Back
Top Bottom