• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Disc golf

mossy 78 you got it made. I have read all the reviews about the courses in augusta nothing but thumbs up. I play at central park in cumming daily after work weather permitting and have been to athens and fort yargo but may be planing a weekend trip to get down that way and see whats up.

mossy 78 you got it made. I have read all the reviews about the courses in augusta nothing but thumbs up. I play at central park in cumming daily after work weather permitting and have been to athens and fort yargo but may be planing a weekend trip to get down that way and see whats up.

I never knew there was a disc golf course at central park.. Imma have to come check it out. Always wanted to play just never did.

Let me know when you come down, maybe we can get togther and play a few.

I played quite a bit when I was in highschool, now it is more of a part time hobby. It is a lot of fun, great way to get outside and enjoy the summer.

I used to play competitively myself a few years ago before a knee injury that prevented me from continuing in a competitive manner. It is the greatest unheard of sport out there!!!

I never had the pleasure to play Meriweather as it does not exist anymore, but I heard it was one of the best courses ever.

Central Park in Cumming is a great course with a good mix of rolling hill & some wooded holes. It has a total of 27 holes where typical courses only have 18 holes.

Have you been to East Roswell Park in Roswell, GA? It is a good course, however, it is in the woods (literally in the woods) & is one of the more difficult courses in GA but a blast. That is my home course.

Redan Park is another gem of a course, however, it is not in the best neck of the woods. Great course with a great mix of holes.

There is a newer park that opened officially (where it was a temp course before) in 2012 where some more construction will commence soon to make teepads & signs. This park is Perkerson Park which is inside the perimeter.

Another one in Canton at Sequoyah Park. A smaller version of East Roswell park with a lot of holes in the woods with tight fairways.

White Oak park is in Dallas and is a good course with longer holes & some serious rolling hills (this course can take a lot out of you). It has some shots where you throw over water (I really like the risk/reward over water)!

I love me some disc golf & still play for fun when I can! I will play for the rest of my life without a doubt! If you decide to go toss at anyone of the course I mentioned, I would be happy to meet up & show you the layout.

Another Augusta disc golfer here.
Cheap and fun game that anyone can play.
I usually play at Pendleton King Park, but have been out to Patriots Park a few times as well. I have yet to go to Wildwood, Lake Olmstead, or any of the others. As mentioned, the home of the International Disc Golf Association is here.

Lake Olmstead is a great course! I had the pleasure of playing that course in a tournament. Cool thing was a guy out there I think his name was Scuba Steve, who would hang out in the lake searching for discs all day during a tournament.

Riverview is just over the South Carolina/Georgia border but is an excellent course as well. It is only about a 10 minute drive from Lake Olmstead (if I remember correctly).

I have not been down to the IDGC (International Disc Golf Center), but I hear the courses there are very nice. I believe there are 3 courses on that property currently with a possible 4th in the works.

Lake Olmstead is a great course! I had the pleasure of playing that course in a tournament. Cool thing was a guy out there I think his name was Scuba Steve, who would hang out in the lake searching for discs all day during a tournament.

Riverview is just over the South Carolina/Georgia border but is an excellent course as well. It is only about a 10 minute drive from Lake Olmstead (if I remember correctly).

I have not been down to the IDGC (International Disc Golf Center), but I hear the courses there are very nice. I believe there are 3 courses on that property currently with a possible 4th in the works.

Yep. I forgot about Riverview Park in North Augusta. I havent played there since the mid 1990s.

Back
Top Bottom