Do an SBR or just a pistol?

Fieldnstreamer

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
I have a 7.62 can and I want to build a 300 blk for deer hunting subsonic suppressed and what I'm wondering is, it worth the whole process of making an SBR or is just getting a pistol upper with say a 9-10" barrel? I've held an ar pistol a longtime ago before I thought about doing this, but how comfortable is the buffer tube with a cove on it to hold it like a rifle? If it's similar to collapsing a 6 position stock all the way in, then I'll just do that instead of getting more paper work. But also a main concern is just the fact of registering an actual firearm. Mainly because if our POtuS wakes up one morning and decides to heck with the 2nd amendment and try to come get everyone's, then I'll be the first to say no. I just will not ever hand it over without a fight. God bless the first....dozen or two souls that walk through that door ya know. Just sayin. So my point is, I want a suppressed rifle with an OAL of around 16-17", and I want the easiest way to get to that point. Or is it a possibility to use red thread locker on my can and pass it off as a permanent fixture. As it would be dang hard to take off....

. Or is it a possibility to use red thread locker on my can and pass it off as a permanent fixture. As it would be dang hard to take off....

That is a good way to end up in Club Fed. It is not worth it just to have a SBR, you state you have a can but do not want to do the paper work because of registering a firearm. You registered a silencer with the ATF didn't you? Do the paperwork, it will save you and your loved ones a lot of headache.

If you don't want to deal with the Form 1 then build a pistol and install the SIG forearm brace.

www.yellowbullet.com_forum_images_smilies_gay.gif

Yea I know I'm on a "list" but a can is all they know I have. I'll throw it at them if that's all they want. I'd just rather not have an actual gun on any list. I can always say I just don't have any at the moment.

And you can't hunt with a suppressor in GA so call your Rep and Senator during the next legislative session as I am sure there will be a bill for the umpteenth year in a row.

Back
Top Bottom