Do an SBR or just a pistol?

It's great, but I don't believe they have found a replacement for the noveske barrels which haven't been available for some time. They were asking people what they would want for a replacement so i think it will be awhile before they are available again.

I'm having one built right now on a non-Noveske barrel. It's an additional charge for machining time so the contours all match up, but when you factor in the astronomical price of the noveske barrel, I'm still coming out ahead even with the additional mâché time.

View attachment 243117
I put a standard A1 buffer tube, rifle buffer and spring on my 10.25" AR pistol instead of a shorter 7 inch, carbine buffer, tube and spring. The shorter buffer tube is so uncomfortable for me to shoulder and accurately shoot, it puts my face right up against my charging handle. My longer A1 buffer tube might look funny but its more combat effective than any other AR rifle I have ever owned. Easily shoulderable now and as accurate as if it had a stock. I wouldnt want to SBR my pistol.

Now I could do that to save 200. I don't personally think it looks bad. I may go that route. I just think it's the most retarded thing in the world to have to pay them 200$ so they can give me a stamp that tells me I can do something that by the 2nd amendment I should be able to do anyways. The more and more I think about it the more I think that the man would tax the air we breathe if they could figure a way to do so.

Its absolutely the only way I'd own a CQB AR with a shorter barrel. I think its easier for me to find the pocket in my shoulder where the buffer needs to be with my set up, than if it had a complete buttstock.
I had to edit my previous comment, I think it might be called an A2 buffer tube. Either way, I am not running the spacer that would go on the end of the buffer when you run the A2 buttstock. So it might actually be called an A1 buffer tube.
Ok well cool. Honestly for my use this setup might be all I need. It just gonna be for deer hunting suppressed. Their may be a little play here and there but mainly I want short light weight and quiet. Tired of having long loud rifles that I hate to scratch. Need something tough and handy.

The shorter buffer tube is so uncomfortable for me to shoulder and accurately shoot, it puts my face right up against my charging handle.

That is how you are supposed to shoot an AR15. Nose to the charging handle. I actually rest the charging handle right up against my right nostril. If it is cold outside I get crusties on the charging handle. :thumb:

13856632406490.jpg13856632487941.jpg

If you don't want to deal with the Form 1 then build a pistol and install the SIG forearm brace.

This is my choice

True, maybe my problem is getting my line of sight when its tucked up in there so far back in my face. I should have mentioned how contorted my neck is trying to get my head back and down to get my eye lined up. Its a very unatural position to shoot from for me. Doesnt really matter but me being a lefty too, I do like for my face to be a little further back on a right handed upper. But the A1 or A2 buffer tube fixes that, and puts a couple inches on the gun to the end I need it on.
I also should have mentioned about having to tap the take down pin detent hole and install a shorter spring and set screw to hold it in. Not a big deal.
How come you had to do that?

Because you dont use an end plate (is that the right word?). The end plate that would normally holds the detent spring in on a 6 pos or 4 pos buffer tube cant be used with the A1 or A2 buffer tube. Has to do with how far the tube needs to screw in the lower.

Not sure if this is a 7 inch or a 9 inch buffer tube but it comes with a sling attachment without using the end plate.
http://www.fortweb.com/catalog/prod...ducts_id=36&osCsid=0lhnrn1kphjbat7cc89rlqnj45
Oh ok. I didn't know that. I've never had to install a buffer tube. Everything I've ever built already had the tube.

Back
Top Bottom