• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do I need a less-than-lethal weapon in my home?

You know how you can tell when people don't have a leg to stand on? When they start making snide remarks about the other because they have nothing left.

Talk about irony?!?! :pound:

You've grabbed your weapon three times in the last year including full draw on a kid that I'm sure wet himself, all three were perfectly legal and the people who don't have to "wonder" about the intentions of people in their home and have NOT had to grab their weapons or draw on innocent people are the ones with the "problem"?!?! WTH?

I wonder who is more likely to shoot an innocent person. The one who keeps reaching for his weapon or the one who has had no reason to because he takes the simplest of precautions?

You simply can NOT make this stuff up.

Ken, Bear, ANYONE coming in my locked home will get shot. I don't care what 'state' they are in or what their intentions are. I know what is reasonable to assume their intentions is. The same intention most every other person has that breaks into homes.

I suppose if a person breaks into your home and announces "Don't worry, I'm not going to harm anyone, I'm just going to take your stuff.", that you two would then say "Well dang, since I'm now not in fear for my life, I guess I'll just show you were the good stuff is."

I can't believe this is even a discussion.
Actually since I am very familiar with and have enforced the law... No I would not shoot just to protect property. This is an old and often upheld bit of case law. You do what you think best for you.

Actually since I am very familiar with and have enforced the law... No I would not shoot just to protect property. This is an old and often upheld bit of case law. You do what you think best for you.
Neither would I! Are you guys even reading what you respond to? Seriously? Dang... :tsk:

Despite Bear being so wrong, so often, and so vehemently, he's pretty good people. ;)

Good people make mistakes all the time. Thats the human factor.

I will say if the make up of the people who participated in this discussion reflects the make up of a jury it would be damn hard to get a conviction for shooting someone unauthorized in your home justified or not.

Good people make mistakes all the time. Thats the human factor.

I will say if the make up of the people who participated in this discussion reflects the make up of a jury it would be damn hard to get a conviction for shooting someone unauthorized in your home justified or not.
THE very LAST thing in the world I or any sane person ever wants to do is shoot someone. Sane people don't break into homes.

Neither do Honest people.
Very true. But tempting though it would be, I'm not shooting someone for being dishonest. I don't have enough ammo! ;) But I will shoot some one that is criminally insane. You break into my home, you are criminally insane... By definition.

Neither would I! Are you guys even reading what you respond to? Seriously? Dang... :tsk:
Only thing I've disagreed with is the issue of shooting someone simply for being in someone house with out authorization. Whether just walking in or breaking in.
I'm not commenting on whether I like the way the law is written, just in the real world realities of the law as written, enforced and upheld.

Back
Top Bottom