Do people not know how to negotiate anymore?

Some guys think if they are the first to present a number they will lose and you will never get a number out of them. They always want you to throw out the first number, like that gives them an advantage in the negotiation.
By the rules every ad has to have a price on it. The first number is given. It's them wanting your **** so cheap they know it will piss you off that keeps the "What's your bottom dollar/best price?" **** alive.My new price is $XXX bottom dollar. Just to head off any confusion.

Oh yes, a proper offer must state consideration! No number or stated trade, then it is not really an offer. More of a comment really.

I have or will offend some sellers for sure. I will make a reasonable offer (by my research) if I am interested, regardless of how it is listed. Of course I always state it as such when I do. They want to sell it right? That's why it is listed.

When I am selling, sometimes it is a deal and sometimes listed a bit close to market. I always expect "BRO" in response or some flex on the meet.

BTW, I really need to sell some stuff, thanks for reminding me :-J

I will shoot a offer that I do not feel will insult the seller. Sometimes it's a offer taken, sometime its not and we negotiate a price. I have seen items that at list price that I feel are worth it and I don't even offer. I just buy it.

I buy, I sell, I negotiate, I pay asking price, I pay less sometimes and I sell for less than my asking price, sometimes. This is life.

The best tag line that is awesome in a for sale post is by Maidenfan...and is something to the effect of "All the negotiations have already been done for you and this price is set rock solid".
Maidenfan is a hoot. His ads are fun to read.

oooops:
I meant the first definition "a good time"

Urban Dictionary: hoot
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoot
Urban Dictionary
Top Definition. hoot. A good time. We had a hoot at the Monster Truck Rally. by Peacedog ... Having a "hoot" is also the same as having a "puff" of marijuana.

Some guys think if they are the first to present a number they will lose and you will never get a number out of them. They always want you to throw out the first number, like that gives them an advantage in the negotiation.
that's because they learned from the older generation that exact thing, first one to throw a number out loses the upper hand.

I don't understand people getting offended by "lowball" offers. An offer is an offer and you either accept or decline and move along to the next one. No sense in getting offended by it. Some people place a value on an item that is not dictated by the state of the market for that item. Maybe the seller isn't desperate to get rid of it so he prices it a little high. Maybe the buyer isn't desperate to own it and has the patience to wait for a screaming deal so he offers a little low. That's commerce in a free market. Are you offended by freedom?

I don't know how long most of you have been around this rock, but some people are dicks, some people are stupid and some people are just down right disrespectful, but I'm not gonna let them get to me. I may mess with them a little bit. Maybe throw some sarcasm their way for my own amusement and then go sell my item to someone who really wants it.

Then again maybe I'm just out of the loop because I RARELY sell an item. Last time I sold a gun it ended up on a Delta flight bound for New York, so...

Last edited:
A person that sends a lowball at least expresses some genuine interest in the item.

The origin of this post was from someone too lazy or disrespectful to even do that...

Anyone that feels the need to send a message and simply say "what's your lowest price" isn't worth the time to respond IMO.

Bull ****. A lowball offer is just a hope that you are ****ing ignorant or desperate. There's nothing genuine about their "offers" other than a genuine desire to **** you over. Low-ballers are scumbag POSs.

The only thing worse than a low-baller is a retarded over retailer. People who take a 20 dollar item, play with it and then try to sell if for $150 cuz it's "custom" and I am NOT exaggerating, there actually is such an item on the ODT right now. I swear people here will take a roll of toilet paper, wipe their asses with it then try to flip it here as LNIB and one of a kind.

Back
Top Bottom