• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you Care enough to protect your investments?

A safe may stop/slow a thief, a large dog and an alarm go along way to. Best bet get all 3......
Here's the unpleasant truth, if there's a fire consider anything in your safe is lost.
If the heat build up doesn't destroy everything inside, the water intrusion from the fire hoses will.
Don't base your purchase based on the fantasy of your valuables surviving a fire.
Insure your investments.

And just another point since OP is trying to have a serious discussion. I've been shopping higher end safes and I have yet to find anyone that offers any substantial level of water protection. Some are "water resistant", but everyone I've asked about flooding or water is kinda at a loss. This seems largely unaddressed by manufacturers. With Hurricane Sandy, the flooding from Katrina, and the fire dept potentially causing water damage while putting out a fire, does anybody else see this as a potential threat to your investments?

A safe may stop/slow a thief, a large dog and an alarm go along way to. Best bet get all 3......
Here's the unpleasant truth, if there's a fire consider anything in your safe is lost.
If the heat build up doesn't destroy everything inside, the water intrusion from the fire hoses will.
Don't base your purchase based on the fantasy of your valuables surviving a fire.
Insure your investments.
I swear I was typing a reply to my own reply at the same time as you. Loll

You nailed it. Firearm specific owners' insurance is the only real way to protect against damage or loss.

Quality safe, home security system, big dog, firearm specific insurance for damage and loss = the sum of my quadratic equation.

Water is a huge and potentially unavoidable problem. RSC's, "safes" aren't water proof. They are designed to slow down unauthorized access to what's inside.
A separate or additional policy is available from most insurance companies. Yes, they will want pics and serial numbers so the tin hat folks may cringe a bit with that.

Water is a huge and potentially unavoidable problem. RSC's, "safes" aren't water proof. They are designed to slow down unauthorized access to what's inside.
A separate or additional policy is available from most insurance companies. Yes, they will want pics and serial numbers so the tin hat folks may cringe a bit with that.
Yes, your standard homeowners will not protect you.

http://locktonaffinity.com/nrains/acplus/

No serials needed here. Tin hats welcome.

I think my standard policy covered up to 5k. Made a call and had it fixed. It's ridiculously inexpensive considering the potential loss. I'd have to check with the wife but I want to say 5-10 bucks more a month.

Call your insurance companies and ask!!!!

Insure your investments.

I don't disagree...but there is a million ways around an alarm systems & dogs.

Back
Top Bottom