• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you know what this is?

Tifoliate oranges.
Tri-three leaf pods, thorns , acidic if eaten a lot, Causes really Bad stomach irritation, lots of thorns, pretty if anything.
Native to China.
Just more crap they brought here from China in the late 1800’s to early 1900’s just like the blight that destroyed the American Chestnut trees that once proliferated in our woods.

Interesting. We have thorny trees (Hawethorn) at the gun club and they are very difficult to remove. I have a scar on my cheek from the damned things.

We have Osage Orange trees too that were planted along the fence line of a long abandoned home site. I have allowed special guests to harvest limbs for bows. They are beatiful works.

Tifoliate oranges.
Tri-three leaf pods, thorns , acidic if eaten a lot, Causes really Bad stomach irritation, lots of thorns, pretty if anything.
Native to China.
Just more crap they brought here from China in the late 1800’s to early 1900’s just like the blight that destroyed the American Chestnut trees that once proliferated in our woods.
I’ve got two chestnuts on my place that are both a lot older than I thought they’d ever get. I come across the old giant stumps every now and again too. Sad.

IMG_0840.jpeg

How about these green egg looking things. Found in front yard growing off a vine with 3 lobed leaves…..

Back
Top Bottom