• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you name your home/property?

We recently moved to a new (to us) home on 6 acres in the woods on top of a ridge. We called our old place “Little King Ranch” and did our best to “homestead and provide for ourselves as much as we could off of those .17 acres. When we moved, we decided to give the new place a new name. The name Pepper Lane has a lot of sentimental significance for me. All four of my grandparents lived on that road ( in Paducah Kentucky) for a time. My grandmommie lived there my entire life until she moved here to Georgia last year shortly before she passed. My parents met and grew up on that street. So we are honored and proud to name our new place “Pepper Lane Ridge”. My Dad and I made the sign from barnwood I picked up here in Rockmart.

View attachment 1671062 View attachment 1671063

View attachment 1671061
That’s not sweat. I’m glistening.

View attachment 1671064
The baby is not feeling well and didn’t want to have anything to do with being in a picture. But here is most of the Pepper Lane Ridge gang.

So - do you guys name your homes and properties? And if so, what inspired the names?
Very nice. I like that alot.Nice looking group you have there.

Yes we did and made an entrance sign for it also 17 years ago..Took me 8 months to chisel it out on the tail gate of my truck. Our Mountain is Fort Mountain, and we love the solitude and peace here. 8 acres trout stream and heaven combined. Welcome to our Fortress of Solitude!
View attachment 1671083
Damn that's nice.Great job,i feel relaxed just looking at that.

Yes we did and made an entrance sign for it also 17 years ago..Took me 8 months to chisel it out on the tail gate of my truck. Our Mountain is Fort Mountain, and we love the solitude and peace here. 8 acres trout stream and heaven combined. Welcome to our Fortress of Solitude!
View attachment 1671083
Wait, I just zoomed in and noticed the motion-activated automated lever action clip-feed revolvers mounted behind those signs. Yea, welcome everyone! LOL

We recently moved to a new (to us) home on 6 acres in the woods on top of a ridge. We called our old place “Little King Ranch” and did our best to “homestead and provide for ourselves as much as we could off of those .17 acres. When we moved, we decided to give the new place a new name. The name Pepper Lane has a lot of sentimental significance for me. All four of my grandparents lived on that road ( in Paducah Kentucky) for a time. My grandmommie lived there my entire life until she moved here to Georgia last year shortly before she passed. My parents met and grew up on that street. So we are honored and proud to name our new place “Pepper Lane Ridge”. My Dad and I made the sign from barnwood I picked up here in Rockmart.

View attachment 1671062 View attachment 1671063

View attachment 1671061
That’s not sweat. I’m glistening.

View attachment 1671064
The baby is not feeling well and didn’t want to have anything to do with being in a picture. But here is most of the Pepper Lane Ridge gang.

So - do you guys name your homes and properties? And if so, what inspired the names?
I like it,looking at all those kids the last place should have been called "Fertile Acres"

This my place I call it the Love nest.

My RV.jpg

Back
Top Bottom