• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you pay any attention to the fish and game report?

If these tables are produced by the same people who forecast our weather I see no reason to believe anything they say. Lol
These modern day meteorologists with all their technology barely hold a candle to the old time weathermen like Johnny Beckmann or guy sharpe who had to sort of rely on instinct and wind direction.

I don't "depend" on them.

But if I have a limited amount of time on a certain day, I will refer to them.

The biggest handicap to using them is that it relies on lunar movement and sun position, and if there's a 20 mph wind out of the north, it can show an off the chart time, and nothing is going to happen.

I think we have all been in the woods, nothing happening, and all of a sudden, birds start singing, flying around, squirrels start running around, chasing each other, feeding, then in a little while it all stops, back to nothing.

Something triggered that activity.

Most of these tables have some truth to them! Best feeding times for all wildlife is the couple of hours before and after the moon being directly overhead or underfoot. Fact is most Boone and Crockett Trophies match the moon cycle! When the overhead and underfoot match up with dusk and dawn you will always score!

Back
Top Bottom