• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you put hot food in the fridge?

Do you put hot food in the fridge?

• Yes - it cools faster.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I let it cool some first, then it goes in the fridge.

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Never - I wait until it gets room tempreture.

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Maybe/maybe not...depends on the food or if I am in a hurry.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Cheeseburgers - since there is no taco option!

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Commercially as Clocker said, or use blast chiller/freezer. At home on the counter till it cools, then in the fridge. Especially if it will be consumed next day or two you are fine.

Cook- chill- refrigerate = up to 6 days of safe storage.

Cook- blast freeze- freezer= up to 6 months or longer of safe storage.

This is my livelihood.

bacteria forms on food if it’s cooler than 140* or higher than 40*. If it stays in this range for 6 HOURS or more you’re encouraging bacteria growth to an ‘unsafe’ level.

6 HOURS is plenty of time to get food cooled before you put it back in the fridge.

Putting hot food directly in the fridge could raise the temp of your milk, eggs, cheese, etc to a dangerous level.

BUT, unless it’s a commercial fridge with a huge volume of hot food, you’re safe either way. Just don’t leave it out overnight.

**ServeSafe Certified Food Service Manger x3 times.

Eating some dirt and bacteria is good for us. We are raising a generation of hand sanitizer sterile licking robots.

My aunt used to make yogurt in the old country during WWII. I asked her since they did not have refrigerators, how did they keep the yogurt cool to prevent spoiling. She laughed and said they just scraped off the mold and kept eating. No one got sick or died.

Back
Top Bottom