• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you remember this? Ok then, you’re really old.

Yes I do remember that which brings another Greg Vess story to mind.. My father and his business associate were going on a business trip. Of course both of them are sitting in the front seat but this was back in those days when people just didn't seat belts. They were sitting at a stop sign and getting ready to turn waiting for traffic clear. All of a sudden a guy had fallen asleep at the wheel smashed the back of their car and push them out into traffic. My dad was a large man not huge but a pretty big dude so seat belts were really uncomfortable for him but this particular day he just decided that he needed to put on a seatbelt and he was driving. The impact from the two cars hitting through the passenger my dad's business associate into the backseat and halfway out the rear window. It broke my dad's seat back and laid him basically flat on his back. He shook off the haze from just being rear-ended from a high-speed vehicle and grab the steering wheel and pull itself up just in time to avoid a semi tractor trailer from smashing them head on dad said the semi was just about 25 yards from hitting their front end when he just swerved out of the way instantaneously. Just one of them days where God kind of TAPS you on the shoulder and says " hey buddy why don't you try this today ". Interesting how he works sometimes.

When I was a kid American cars did not have lap and shoulder belts--it was lap belts only. But I think those little Japanese imports from the 1970s had shoulder belts.

When I was a kid American cars did not have lap and shoulder belts--it was lap belts only. But I think those little Japanese imports from the 1970s had shoulder belts.
And I remember when they started coming out with "automatic" shoulder belts.
If you weren't careful, they would strangle you when you opened the door.

Back
Top Bottom