Does any body hunt with .223

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_08_19_utyzedav.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_08_19_7a3uvysy.jpg

Cool. I noticed PSA has Federal Fusion MSR 62gr on sale for $16.99 per box. Supposedly it's designed specifically for use in ARs. The only real difference I see is it's about 250fps slower than the standard 62gr. Would that loss in velocity be a bad thing for hunting?

That is a good deal at PSA. I stocked up on plenty of it.

In regards to your question, let me direct you to this link on some tests using several different types of ammo in a 10.5 SBR. People talk about the loss of velocity from a short barrel, which is true, but with the modern ammo today, you do not need velocity to do damage. Look at the results at 300 yards using the Fusion. I have the exact same LMT 10.5", and I would no have issues taking 200 yard shots with the 62 gr Fusion.

The Winchester ballistic tip is a varmint round. Look at the pic of a groundhog on the box.

Not to be smart, but I've cleaned and watched too many deer be cleaned after falling to that round.
Seriously over 30.

In the past, Winchester printed the box with a deer on it and level 2 light thin skinned game.

Quit looking for boogers and go off what you know

I know that I've seen the 55 ballistic tip fail, miserably, more than once (seriously). It is a varmint bullet. Yes, if you put it in the right place, it will give fantastic results. I will take a well constructed bullet over it any day.

I know that I've seen the 55 ballistic tip fail, miserably, more than once (seriously). It is a varmint bullet. YES, IF YOU PUT IT IN THE RIGHT PLACE, IT WILL GIVE FANTASTIC RESULTS. I will take a well constructed bullet over it any day.

I Guess You'd Call that proper Bullet Placement-
Important on any type bullet no matter what the game and assumed as absolutely Necessary when discussing what bullets to use

I've also seen polymer tipped varmint bullets blow pie pan sized holes an inch deep....not good. Stick with a good soft point that will do the job well under a wider variety of circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom