Does anyone deer hunt for fun any more?

I've passed up around 30 deer this year. I enjoy just being out there and hope that maybe a real whopper will show up. I passed on a doe and a young 8 point this morning.
Next month I will drop the hammer on a couple of deer just for meat, if I haven't filled my buck tags.
If it wasn't fun I would not do it. I have fun every time I go, and if it rains, even better.

I killed a nice 8 pointer last Thursday.Friday evening i make it to my stand at 5.By 5:25 i have a 120class 8 pointer on the ground.Cant get no better than that.All in my backyard in Polk County.I love to hunt.Lifes great!Hunting deer is great.Even when i don't get a deer.

Dang Bobby, sounds like I need to be hunting in your backyard.

I didnt see any deer this afternoon and I had fun,I was wearing blue jeans and a plaid looking shirt jac from wally mart,did have a camo hat and and old savage 340 bolt action 30-30 with a REAL walnut stock a tasco scope, no ****ing suppressor,I guess you could say I have lots of fun.

i can tell by your posts that you are really into deer hunting Biker 13.I could hunt all winter!I just need 3 to 4 deer a year for the family.the rest of the time i making memories!

Biker hates hunting. He just found that deer wont say dumb **** so he likes to hang out with them. Gets him away from us idiots.

Back
Top Bottom