• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does anyone deer hunt for fun any more?

I hunt to get away from traffic,paved roads and the suburbs. I love parking my truck and not seeing a paved road for a couple of days. I have no atv and enjoy walking to my stands, seeing/hearing everything in the woods. We have a QDM club, the people are easy going and it's a pleasure everyday we hunt together.

I hunt to get away from traffic,paved roads and the suburbs. I love parking my truck and not seeing a paved road for a couple of days. I have no atv and enjoy walking to my stands, seeing/hearing everything in the woods. We have a QDM club, the people are easy going and it's a pleasure everyday we hunt together.

Well said. I know y'all have heard this before but a bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.

I have been deer hunting for 49 years. I have enjoyed it, I have cussed but I never quit it.When I go, prop me up in a deer ladder and let nature take me home.

I definitely hunt for fun! Enjoy scouting the land for sign, mowing the roads on the property and planting good plots (when I have time/$ to go so), setting up new stands, watching deer and the other critters that you encounter in the woods, and providing food for my family. Even got a crossbow a few years ago so I could take advantage of bow season and hunt longer each year. Yeah, I love it and do it all for fun. Being here in the stand (yes, I’m hunting now) is my form of therapy. So thankful I was given the opportunity to pick up hunting as a kid and continue it through my adult years.

I go once a year with my dad on these special hunts. I dread going, but he loves it. So I suck it up for him. I hope everytime we go in the woods he will shoot a decent buck 5 minutes after we get there so we can leave, but it never happens. I quit hunting many years ago. Now the only thing I hunt for in the woods is a good 4G signal so I can surf while he hunts.

I always hunt for fun. If I ever do it for any other reason I will quit. The meat is just a bonus. Learned a long time ago that each hunter values his hunt differently. Easy for me to get along with meat and trophy hunters. Sometimes I need meat and other times I am looking for a wallhanger. Variety is the spice of life!

After my second heart attack (when I fell out of my stand) my wife about flipped out when I continued to hunt. I told her that if I died while in my stand at least she would know for sure that I went while doing something I truly enjoyed. I treasure every moment I get to spend with my granddaughter hunting.

Back
Top Bottom