Does anyone here open carry? Why or why not?

Open carry vs concealed carry

• Concealed

Votes: 123 96.1%
  • Open

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
When I was in South Carolina this past year. Biggest douche. Had a full man bun skinny jeans and a flannel shirt was open carrying a glock and had 4 mags on his belt I so wanted to take a pic. My husband said no. He was dining in at Wendy's.
I always like the Blackhawk 44 carriers they seem to really have it going on.

I ask because i simply do not like to conceal carry. I dont find it comfortable, i dont find it practical, and i dont find it necessary. Ive read tens of articles out there and they all seem to point to conceal carry. Whether its because of the image theyre putting out or because of the danger that it presents. I can understand the main points and i agree to a certain point but 1. I do not care what you think of me. 2. I want to be comfortable. 3. I want my firearm to be readily available and not under layers of clothing. ( yes you can be just as fast with practice, but under extreme stress do you really want ANYTHING with the possibility to slow you down?) 4. I love retention holsters so someone taking my weapon from me isnt as big an issue. 5. Does concealed carry really make you safer? But no really, does it? This is how i see it. If a no good thief is hanging around scoping out possible targets to rob, assault ect. He would not logicaly pick the guy (or lady) with the big ol iron on his/her hip. At least if i were a criminal i would go for the little guy wearing a baggy shirt whom i did not know was carrying. Id like as much input on this as possible. I cant be the only one whos open carry pro right? Someone tell me im not crazy!

20170325_162551.jpg

This is my rig for carry.

20170325_161958.jpg

This is concealed carry

20170325_162208.jpg

This is open carry.

I will stick with conceal carry. I find zero benefit to open carry. I find conceal carry at centerline position extremely comfortable, concealable, accessible (very quickly), practical (especially with spare mag in the same rig) and have come to the conclusion i would not go back to behind the hip carry as that is not as beneficial (in my opinion) as centerline carry for various reasons. One big one being the grip of the gun constantly getting caught on clothing and printing when bending or moving around. I was constantly dealing with printing behind hip(might as well have open carried. Centerline carry is zero printing issue and i can move around in any position without gun being exposed while still very accessible. To each his own but i see no advantage to open carry but do see disadvantages to it.

Back
Top Bottom