• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question: Why does Kimber have a bad reputation?

I recommend Tisas and RIA to people over a Kimber every time. Owned 3 and would never own another. Hell, for what they charge for some of their models, you could buy a Dan Wesson instead and have a WAY better gun for the price.

I own a 1911-22 Kimber, if you feed it Mini Mags it never has a problem. That said I've seen way to many people complain about having trouble and absolutely no customer service help. I did own a Grand Raptor which is a gorgeous pistol. Traded it towards a unicorn that I wanted and hunted for 30 years without firing it.

No experience with their pistols, but have had good luck with their rifles. My Montana and Mountain Ascent would be about impossible to replicate without far more $ invested. From the thread, it would seem they worked hard to earn their reputation with pistols though.

I have a Micro9 and Pro Carry 2. They were given to me. They both work pretty well. Very tight slide to frame fit and the finish on the Micro is crap. It looks and flakes like Krylon.

I have only shot mine with cast bullets at paper. I have carried the PC2 with WWB 230gr. HPs and the Micro with 147gr. GDs.

Back
Top Bottom