Votes: 6 18.2%
  • A benchmark of course

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • a henkel of course

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • one thar splits tacos

Votes: 22 66.7%

• Total voters
carry their 200+ $$$$ microtech OTF knives or is this just one of those things you look at; oil occasionally, and buy cool accessories for like an AR or a Glock???
Asking for a friend....
I carry my Microtech UTX 85 when I’m in a area I might need to use it in self defense. Just like everything else, what’s expensive to some is cheap to others. I carry a couple Strider SnG’s that retail are $500 but on secondary market can be 1k plus. Not bragging just making a point. One guy on here says his Benchmade ($200) stays in his safe. Just like guns, knives re tools. Use your ****. I no longer have monetary safe queens only sentimental safe queens. I carry and use the **** outta a 1k folder because it’s badass and will do anything I need it to. its been used as a slicer to a pry bar. The maker has the best warranty in the business so I don’t worry. Use yo ****

I’m more of a K-bar guy. Micro tech never been my fancy not knocking them, just saying kind of like a gun. My K-bar is like Dirty Harry’s 44 the micro tech is like ruger lcp haha.
Like this one?

Attachments

• 20211228_214252.jpg
    20211228_214252.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 9
An old Gerber is what I carry. I mentioned it on another thread awhile back. Bought it at a yard sale a few years ago when I was still living in PA. Paid a dollar I think (it was at the bottom of a junk box. Even though it looks like the previous owner used a bench grinder to sharpen it & the serrated edge is just about worn away. It will still cut anything I put it to (cardboard, twine, tacos/burritos). Yes, I did actually use it cut a few tacos/burritos, my old dog (R.I.P. Pearl) loved Taco Bell and I would have to cut it up for her to eat in her last 2 years.

no 1 Gerber.jpg

I have multiple 1k+ knives in rotation. I work a desk job so opening packages, breaking down boxes, light food prep are most of the extent of what I do but never saw the point in safe queens. You'd be surprised how hard you can beat on a MT OTF and it will keep ticking. If i need to do a little prying or dig the grout outta something on the weekend, ill grab my SNG.

I have a new Microtech OTF that a member here got from a show 4-5 years ago. I like it, it seems really well built and very sharp. But I don't carry it, it just stays in the safe. I usually forget about it.
I usually just carry a $20-$30 knife. I abuse them, and most don't hold an edge for long. And if I lose, break, or wear it out., I'll just buy another.

Back
Top Bottom