• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does your daily CCW depend on the mood your in.

Nope.... "Beware of the man with one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Serial swappers who switch back & forth between guns with guns with very different actions & operational controls do not have as much proficiency under high stress situations such as a violent attack.
Compare it to driving a manual shift car one day, an automatic w/ the gearshifter on the steering column the next, and then one w/ the gearshifter on the floor.
In an emergency your focus needs to be on fighting the threat, not figuring out what tool you have & how it works.
Not "attacking" you just passing on what I learned from men smarter than me plus my own personal experience.

My "epiphany" came when I was the victim of a home invasion. I had several pistols & swapped back & forth between three or four of them.
When I woke up at 3:00 a.m. to someone in the house & the adrenaline kicked in I couldn't figure out what gun I had!

It was a very vulnerable moment which was my wakeup call to go get some training from professionals.

One solution for those whose environment necessitates more than one size gun is to insure that the larger & smaller platform at least have the same manner of operation & preferably similar controls so that under stress you don't have to think about the "tool" just how to do the "job".

Last edited:
Not me. I've tried that in the past and ALWAYS end up just carrying one more than the others. So in the end I decided to carry based on worst case scenario. The question to myself everyday is, "If the SHFT what do I want in my hand?". My answer is my WC 1911. If a life is on the line (mine or 3rd party) then I don't to ever feel I've given away anything for the sake of comfort, laziness or "something different". That's just me though, I see no issue with changing out weapons as long as you're proficient with the ones you carry.

I only have one carry piece so I'm a little limited. Compact .45.

But I was thinking of getting a pocket pistol but then the prices went all ka-flooey.

I'm of the Protective Measures' school of thought. All I carry are Glocks or if I do go with another handgun it is of the point and shoot variety. No safeties on any of my carry pieces.

yes, I usually carry one of four: Kimber compact aluminum, STI Spartan, Kimber Solo or Sig P938. All are 1911 based so the same controls apply. Depends on what I am wearing and what mood I am in.

Back
Top Bottom