• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does your daily CCW depend on the mood your in.

Thanks everyone for your views. I think protective measures raises a good point. Gonna give that some thought, although most of my carries are either 1911 based or point and shoot. The most important thing is that we are carrying!

It depends on my back. I love my tricked out M&Ps with Apex Tactical parts, but with my back problems it seems to be a Ruger LCR 357 lately. Also depend on where I'm going that day, if i feel like I could need more rds it's the M&P and i deal with the back ache.

In all honesty nate there are special occasions like a big date night with me and the wife that I may "accessorize"instead of carry, and ill grab my revolver, and some extra 357. But, 99 percent of the time it's my 9c. as Monte pointed out, there's a lot of guys that constantly saith their edc's, and the different manual of operations could pose a problem in a fight. (why I wont carry a 1911) I've been guilty of serial swapping before my gwl. and ccw and nwsharpshooter gave me some good advice. The biggest problem I see with serial swapping, in addition to different manuals of controls, is the different grip angles. For someone like you that typically carries and shoots a 1911, when you bring your gun up, chances are your sights are naturally aligned. Not because of the "perfect grip angle", but because your muscle memory is use to the platform. Pick up a glock, and your sights are going to be canted as hell. In a high stress situation, you're likely going to miss because you're not granted the luxury of being able to gain a sight picture. Same for me, I'm so use to my 9c that when I pick up a 1911, the sights are way off. People constantly switching don't develop a good natural point of aim, and in a stress situation, is not good.

Back
Top Bottom