• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Doing an ar build soon. Need help.

Ian

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
46   0
Reaction score
Okay guys so what I wanna do here is get a list of parts people have used in builds.
I basically wanna know what works best. I'll be using an odt lower. I'd like for this build to have a bit of distance on it. So I need info on everything from what lpk to use to barrel or complete upper.
Thanks, Ian

By cqb do you mean sbr?

I've used dpms lpks in the past, recently just palmetto state armory lpks, they are better in my experience...all you really need are regular hand tools, an AR castle nut wrench &amp; barrel wrench or all in one tool, a vice and maybe an old mag or the brownells mag block.

It's a lot easier buying a complete upper and to finish your lower build...but building an upper is by no means "hard".

I'm going to get help assembling it. I just need advice on whether I should do a piston or not what twist should I do a stainless barrel? What size? What's the best optics? What's the best trigger? What websites should I shop for these parts?

I've been told good things about dpms in general.

- - - Updated - - -

We can talk ar's to later, I've built/played with far to many!

Lol yeah I was Gunna ask if you'd like to help me build her once the parts are in.

HAHA. there is no best! there is the best for you! If you tell us exactly what you think you want, we can work from there. For long distance do most, Look at SPR, a nice 18" stainless barrel would be a decent do most weapon.

Yeah man we can do it up whenever you want, I love building these things!

The one I built a few weeks ago was completed with a lot of DPMS parts. I built mine on a R-Guns upper and lower that I traded for here a while back. The parts from DPMS are good quality and are not terrible expensive. I ordered my parts directly from their website so I probably could have saved a little if I had taken the time to shop around. Good luck with your build, I found it to be kinda fun to put one together myself.

You don't think I should get a 24" bbl?
I want it to look good but do what I want. I really want extreme accuracy for this one.

Back
Top Bottom