• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don’t use any gunsmith

So after 3 months and not one phone call by the Gun Pro Shop in Elijah on highway 515. I called today to see the progress on a barrel swap they were doing for me,for an sbr ak rifle. Dude on phone said the boy working on it can’t seem to make it into work anymore and they didn’t have anybody else to do the work. I dropped a complete working rifle off in one piece and I ended up picking up a box of parts. Now the rifle was ceracoted non scratched and when I got the box of gun parts back they were all scrached and marked up. The old barrel was pulled and the new barrel put in not head spaced yet, is as far as they got in 3 months. I highly recommend you do not take your ak rifle to them, hell I wouldn’t take a palmetto rifle to them after this. This is a nfa item gun, I can’t just sell the damn thing. Now I gotta find a smith to fix there mistake and it will cost me more now then if I brought someone a whole rifle. What the hell do I do guys.
disaster-girl.jpg

Just got off the phone with the owner bill, he said let me make this right bring it in and all find somebody to fix it.... I told him thank you but I’m gonna send it to someone who knows what there doing. Then I called rifle dynamics . They then referred me to a guy named Vince old gun smith from red jacket firearms, the dude gots his own company now, what do you guys think.
Since you have spoken with the owner, one option could be to get a written quote from another business that offers both cerakoting and gunsmithing such as GA Firing Line and see if the owner will reimburse you for any of all of the cost to restore it to the condition it was in when you first brought it to his shop.

Since you have spoken with the owner, one option could be to get a written quote from another business that offers both cerakoting and gunsmithing such as GA Firing Line and see if the owner will reimburse you for any of all of the cost to restore it to the condition it was in when you first brought it to his shop.
Excellent suggestion for the first step in righting this wrong!

Just got off the phone with the owner bill, he said let me make this right bring it in and all find somebody to fix it.... I told him thank you but I’m gonna send it to someone who knows what there doing. Then I called rifle dynamics . They then referred me to a guy named Vince old gun smith from red jacket firearms, the dude gots his own company now, what do you guys think.
If they were recommended by Rifle Dynamics, they should be good to go. I wouldn't hesitate.

That said I'd have bought a Draco to SBR or brace, but that's just me. Best of luck!!!

Man that’s terrible. Doesn’t look like they put the barrel pin in yet? That’s good if they didn’t drill and pin the bbl. if you didn’t mind driving down to Woodstock I’ve got a guy local here who can probably hook you up. PM me your number if you’d like and I can ask all the hard questions for you when I see him. I also know who I’d send it to out-of-state if you truly wanted the best job done, including refinish.

If they did anything funny I’ve actually got some extra major parts like front trunnion and rear trunnion. How’s your receiver look is it at least in good shape?

Regardless no matter what they did I know a resource to fix it, even if they torch cut your receiver in half lol it’s not ruined by any means but it’s not always cheap to do it right

Back
Top Bottom