• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't judge a book by its cover.

Bingo! He's right, and I'm Christian too but don't use me for an example of what a Christian should be cause I screw up A LOT and I can cuss a Sailor right out of a room AND I'll have a beer or swig of shine now and then. But if I find you hurt, I'll help you. If I hurt you, I will apologize. If I find you hungry, I'll feed you and if I find you naked, I'll give you clothes. I've done all these things and sometimes it's backfired & blown up in my face, BUT...I...still...keep...trying.......

Oh, I have a tattoo too. Only one but I like it a lot! My wife don't like it but she's learned to live with it.

Bingo! He's right, and I'm Christian too but don't use me for an example of what a Christian should be cause I screw up A LOT and I can cuss a Sailor right out of a room AND I'll have a beer or swig of shine now and then. But if I find you hurt, I'll help you. If I hurt you, I will apologize. If I find you hungry, I'll feed you and if I find you naked, I'll give you clothes. I've done all these things and sometimes it's backfired & blown up in my face, BUT...I...still...keep...trying.......

Well said sir. I am with you, I consider and present myself as a Christian. My faith and relationship with God has helped me to become the man I am today. I was not always a man to be proud to be, but I am proud of the man I am today. That said I am FAR from perfect or the model Christian, but I try. I try to live by his rules and always try to help those in need, regardless of what the receiving party does. God judges the heart of the giver not the actions of the receiver. I have a church home and love them, they too are not perfect. We just need to remember the real meaning of being a follower of Christ and the man in the video hit it right on. Go out and lead by example, help others, and remember the "outcast" of society are often those who need you most. Jesus spent his time with the outcast and dredges of society often.

Oh and I got my share of tats and am still adding. They are mine and mean alot to me, if they offend anyone, well that is on them.

I have never claimed to be perfect, just forgiven. :)
Well said sir. I am with you, I consider and present myself as a Christian. My faith and relationship with God has helped me to become the man I am today. I was not always a man to be proud to be, but I am proud of the man I am today. That said I am FAR from perfect or the model Christian, but I try. I try to live by his rules and always try to help those in need, regardless of what the receiving party does. God judges the heart of the giver not the actions of the receiver. I have a church home and love them, they too are not perfect. We just need to remember the real meaning of being a follower of Christ and the man in the video hit it right on. Go out and lead by example, help others, and remember the "outcast" of society are often those who need you most. Jesus spent his time with the outcast and dredges of society often.

Oh and I got my share of tats and am still adding. They are mine and mean alot to me, if they offend anyone, well that is on them.

Perzactly!!! I have been forgiven, but I STILL sometimes need to ask for forgiveness AGAIN. I love Jesus and He loves me too, even though I can be an ass at times, I get mean sometimes, I can be judgemental too but Jesus still loves me unconditionally. I'm no where even close to being a good guy sometimes, but I can also be the best friend you've ever had at any given time even if I've never met you until that moment. I'm probably one of the world's worst at asking for help when I really, REALLY need it, I just can't hardly make myself ask for it but I will ask God to help me get through things, make me strong enough to deal with situations involving my wife's health. Sometimes when I feel I can't do it alone, I will ask God for help because He's always gotten me through some really tough times.There's only one other being in my experience that loves unconditionally similar to the way God does and that's my dog. It's kind of strange in a way but have you ever noticed that dog spelled backwards is God? I think dogs are one of God's ways of letting us know He loves us and wants us happy. Sorry, I got a little off track there.

He's obviously a combat veteran & has already asked for forgiveness as I have. My grandpa only went to church for weddings, funerals & baptisms. He used to sit in the woods & read the good book because he said that the lord didn't care for materialistic items.

Back
Top Bottom