• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Don't Pay over 350.00 For an SKS!

You guys obviously haven't ordered any of these. I have, two to be exact. They are beat to death and have very little blueing if any left on them. Will they still shoot fine, sure they will but they are extremely rough.
That's exactly what they are doing. I would not pay $350 unless it was an exceptional specimen. Maybe $400 for a super clean Russian, but probably not. Right now you can buy a Yugo M70 AKM at J&G sales for $529+ shipping. They have some nice deals going on at J&G.
I would pay 400 for a super clean Russian AK without batting an eye. And there is absolutely no way I would pay 300 for any of the beaters listed in the links above.

i saw a decent norinco on a table at gunshow last week for $575 firm. I just shook my head and moved on. SKS for the price of an entry level ar15 who would have thought?

I would pay 400 for a super clean Russian AK without batting an eye. And there is absolutely no way I would pay 300 for any of the beaters listed in the links above.

Good point.

I used to have a couple of the famous $89 SKSs. They were an awesome deal at the time. So were the boxes of 7.62x39 available at the time-which I remember seeing for like $1.50.

I don't miss those Norincos. They were OK for that price. It is nuts that they are commanding $300 plus now. A chinese SKS just ain't worth anywhere near that to me.)

I am not a big SKS fan. The innards look cheap and fragile (especially when compared to an AK.) But those Russians seem to be a lot more stout. I think they are much more worthwhile.

My dad told me back when they first came over here, you could buy them for $49 I believe he said. Those days are long gone though and @alleycat lol on the sks flippers

Had my pick of a couple of crates back in 87, at the time they were $72. Deer hunted and killed a couple deer with it, until I could afford another rifle. I still have it, it has it's place. I chose to put it into a different stock and wish I could have bought the whole crate.

I think I've insulted a few folks trying to trade me SKSs. 200 ...maybe 225 if it's super clean is all I'd allow on trade value. And that's only if I still have some wiggle room on what I'm trading. Cash price? Doesn't really matter I guess. I don't think I'll be purchasing any SKS for any price unless they drop under 100 bucks again.

Good point.

I used to have a couple of the famous $89 SKSs. They were an awesome deal at the time. So were the boxes of 7.62x39 available at the time-which I remember seeing for like $1.50.

I don't miss those Norincos. They were OK for that price. It is nuts that they are commanding $300 plus now. A chinese SKS just ain't worth anywhere near that to me.)

I am not a big SKS fan. The innards look cheap and fragile (especially when compared to an AK.) But those Russians seem to be a lot more stout. I think they are much more worthwhile.

Cheap and fragile? How so????

Back
Top Bottom